Winter Creek "Open House" Comes To Sydney

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
David

Winter Creek "Open House" Comes To Sydney

Post by David »

Hi it's David Cross from Winter Creek Wine with an invitation for you and your friends and family.

Viewers of the Forum will have seen that we have an annual Open House at our home at Williamstown.

A cousin of mine has offered his house in to enable us bring our Open House to Sydney. The format will be the same as here in the Barossa - tastings of our current releases, some back vintages and yet to be released wines including barrel samples.

Accompaning our wines will be a selection of traditional Barossa fare. (I suggest you have a light lunch before arriving). There will also be a "blind tasting" with a prize for the winner.

The Open House will be held on Sunday 19th October from 1.30pm to 4.30pm. Come when you can and leave when you must. There is no charge.

Please email me at wintercreekwine@bigpond.com if you wish to join us.

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

David,
Any thought of bringing the Open House to Brisbane???

John
Barossa Shiraz

dave vino

Post by dave vino »

Suburb?

David

Post by David »

dave vino wrote:Suburb?

Epping

David

Post by David »

JohnP wrote:David,
Any thought of bringing the Open House to Brisbane???

John

Hi John

No plans for Brisbane as yet - we don't have a house available there.

DJ

Post by DJ »

Hope it goes well - so you do it again next year - planning to move back to Sydney in December
David J

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake 1Ti 5:23

08meltdown

Post by 08meltdown »

David,

Thanks for the marvellous wine tasting. Really enjoy all the wines and especially the vertical tasting of Winter Creek Shiraz 2001 to 2006.

Wines of finesse!!!

John

ufo

Post by ufo »

Well guys you don't know what you have missed. I was so surprised to see I was the only one from the forum. I was hoping to meet at least a few people from the forum.
Any way, it was just a delightful experience. David & Pam's and his cousin Michael's hospitality and generosity were second to none. Michael even took interested people around his under ground cellar.
The amount and variety of the food was just amazing, all those cold cut meat from Williamstown butcheries, even blood sausage, authentic dips not to mention stuffed wine leaves, so many different types of bread and cheese AND offcourse the wines beginning with his whites, David took us through from most recent vintage (2007) all the way back to 2002 with his Shiraz & Shiraz/Grenache blend with very detailed report of each vintage and characteristics of the wines. Even though all of the wines we tasted (I shouldn’t call it tasting because David made his wines available with no limit so basically it was drinking not tasting,) were great, 2002 shiraz below my mind off, unfortunately it is sold out but it definitely points out ageing potential of his Shiraz Excellent job David, it was very memorable day.

Arnie

ufo

Post by ufo »

ufo wrote:Well guys you don't know what you have missed. I was so surprised to see I was the only one from the forum. I was hoping to meet at least a few people from the forum.
Any way, it was just a delightful experience. David & Pam's and his cousin Michael's hospitality and generosity were second to none. Michael even took interested people around his under ground cellar.
The amount and variety of the food was just amazing, all those cold cut meat from Williamstown butcheries, even blood sausage, authentic dips not to mention stuffed wine leaves, so many different types of bread and cheese AND offcourse the wines beginning with his whites, David took us through from most recent vintage (2007) all the way back to 2002 with his Shiraz & Shiraz/Grenache blend with very detailed report of each vintage and characteristics of the wines. Even though all of the wines we tasted (I shouldn’t call it tasting because David made his wines available with no limit so basically it was drinking not tasting,) were great, 2002 shiraz blew my mind off, unfortunately it is sold out but it definitely points out ageing potential of his Shiraz Excellent job David, it was very memorable day.

Arnie