Sea and Vines Festival

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
lara

Sea and Vines Festival

Post by lara »

Has anybody been here? Im going down 2 visit this weekend... Im sure it will be frezzing though. :)

n4sir

Post by n4sir »

I had a pretty good time out there yesterday - despite the odd dark cloud it stayed fine and pleasant for the whole day. We started with lunch at Coriole, followed by cellar door visits to Samuels Gorge (it was a pleasure to finally find the place, try the whole range and have a good chat with Justin McNamee), Chapel Hill, Kay Bros, and then to d'Arenberg for some more food when we were getting peckish again. We were intending to cram in Olivers Taranga and/or Foggo, but unfortunately ran out of time.

Cheers,
Ian
Forget about goodness and mercy, they're gone.

Gustav

Post by Gustav »

Purely based on whom had the best activities for children we ended up at Woodstock (on the monday). I was surprised by the size of the place! And it was very nice as well. The kids had a blast and we all ate seafood. The kids and wife had softdrinks while I enjoyed my seafood with the Woodstock'06 Shiraz (which was loaded with ripe fruit and a good value shiraz IMO) with live big band music in the background. There were a lot of people present and it seemed to be a very succesful event indeed.
Gustav the Norwegian

"Progress is not achieved without deviation from the norm" - Frank Zappa

lara

was fun

Post by lara »

We had a fantastic weekend.. Was a bummer though that it was so cold..
Lucky 4 the reds... :D

n4sir

Re: was fun

Post by n4sir »

lara wrote:We had a fantastic weekend.. Was a bummer though that it was so cold..

... c'mon Lara. Where did you go? What reds? What were they like?

You did start up this thread, so don't leave us just hanging! :wink: :)

Cheers,
Ian
Forget about goodness and mercy, they're gone.

lara

Re: was fun

Post by lara »

We went to Coriole and pretty much stayed there for most of the afternoon.

It was alot of fun.. had a few friends who live on the Nth Coast of NSW braging about the Hunter... That changed after a few drinks and some olives..

Would of been nice with some sun though...

That would of really shut them up :D :lol:

n4sir wrote:
lara wrote:We had a fantastic weekend.. Was a bummer though that it was so cold..

... c'mon Lara. Where did you go? What reds? What were they like?

You did start up this thread, so don't leave us just hanging! :wink: :)

Cheers,
Ian