Cellarit - Any Good?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
AndrewCowley

Cellarit - Any Good?

Post by AndrewCowley »

For a small number cases (not sure about uber sized collections) Cellarit appears to cost roughly half that of Wineark and Winevault. They are located in SW Sydney so no doubt that goes some way to explaining the difference. But does anyhere have anything to say about them? Are they any good?

Duras

Post by Duras »

I have many (too many) dozens stored with Cellarit and the service has always been very good over the 4+ years I've been a customer. Their accounts payables system seems a bit archaic but thats never really been a problem. If you contact Scott Witt you should be able to arrange an inspection of the facility - check temperature, wines stored on side, etc.

PS

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Check the fine print, cheap on a monthly basis and if you are taking out single cases that have the same wine in them. Try taking out a mix with more than three different labels from the same box and you get stung. I took out 6 very mixed cases and it cost me around $200. So in the end they are all pretty much even, just depends on the serivce you want.

Alex F

Post by Alex F »

I can't see the details in the fine print. Can you please explain more how they charged?

Thanks.

Duras

Post by Duras »

While I'm happy with the service and ok with the price, as spagbowl says, there's not a lot between the various storage companies. Also, you may get more flexibility somewhere like Kennards. Cellarit pricing is here...
https://www.cellarit.com/content/WINE%2 ... tCost.aspx

PS

Wizz

Re: Cellarit - Any Good?

Post by Wizz »

Surpried that post isnt deleted yet, with libel being what it is and site owners being responsible etc.

AdrianT

Post by AdrianT »

Two emails below from the Witt family at Cellarit, completely unedited, and without comment:

Dear Adrian,

I think you agree you have to bear some responsibility for delivery to the wrong address as that was your mistake. I'm confident the driver did the right thing in accordance with instructions carried out by him routinely on a daily basis. There was nobody home at the time of delivery and he judged it was safe to leave the parcel. I wasn't there, you weren't there; we have to respect his judgement as a professional who is familiar with the neighbourhoods on his daily run. I understand you don't agree and I'm sorry.

Best regards,

Scott Witt

Managing Director
Cellarit.com.au

"Hi Adrian, I am sorry that you were disappointed with our service. We strive to deliver excellent service and take complaints from our customers very seriously. We wouldn't still be in business after 12 years if we didn't. Unfortunately, you only notified us on 21 November (3 weeks after the order had been delivered) that you had given us the wrong address. You used our email alert system to advise the recipient to expect a gift, but she never informed us that her address details were wrong. You also gave authority for the driver to leave the gift if he deemed it was safe. Typically drivers are very cautious about leaving a parcel unattended. Every day we track the delivery of our orders and according to our systems your order was successfully delivered as per your instructions on 1 November. I'm sure you will agree that given the circumstances we were unable to accommodate your request for reimbursement. Regards, Merrill"
Last edited by AdrianT on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdrianT

Post by AdrianT »

Wizz wrote:Surpried that post isnt deleted yet, with libel being what it is and site owners being responsible etc.

What is your angle, Wizz?

AdrianT

Post by AdrianT »

This message from Merrill Witt was actually posted by her on the Cellarit Facebook, until they decided to remove all comment that they had prviously, and perversely continue to, encourage. It appears that they wish to control and edit any comment, including their own.

AdrianT

Post by AdrianT »

I think that you would need to seriously consider whether the safe delivey of your wine would be guaranteed before using Cellarit.

camw

Post by camw »

Sounds like a totally reasonable response, if you think they've done the wrong thing then you certainly haven't convinced me.

Polymer

Post by Polymer »

The more details that come out, I think the worse is looks for you AdrianT...

You gave them the wrong address AND authorized them to leave it at the address if no one responded. How do you feel it is their responsibility for the package not arriving to the right person again?

TiggerK

Post by TiggerK »

I'm now even more stunned that Adrian still thinks his blatant mistakes are someone else's fault..... You let them know you gave them the wrong address THREE WEEKS after it was delivered and left there as you authorised?? And it's their problem somehow? WTF? :shock:

camw

Post by camw »

TiggerK wrote:I'm now even more stunned that Adrian still thinks his blatant mistakes are someone else's fault..... You let them know you gave them the wrong address THREE WEEKS after it was delivered and left there as you authorised?? And it's their problem somehow? WTF? :shock:

Dig up, stupid!