WINE Magazine

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
GravyMaker

WINE Magazine

Post by GravyMaker »

Hi all,

I am guessing that a portion of you would be subscribers to Gourmet Traveller WINE.

I renewed my subscription in July last year when a promo was being run to inlcude two free bottles of wine. Despite monthly phone calls, I was still waiting for the wine until I finally cracked and asked to speak to the boss. I was told that they 'didn't simple have wine lying around and I would have to accept two free magazines instead'.

Now I'm not particulary worried about the free wine but rather the principle of the thing.

I am left wondering if there ever was any wine.

Have any other subscribers had the same problem?

Brett
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Nope, but my wife had some issues with a complimentary book that never came with a similar subscription other. It did eventually arrive after many phonecalls (interestingly the book's RRP was higher than the subscription).

That aside, I agree with you. The actual principle is the issue and they should be delivering on that promise.
Cheers
Wayno

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

TORB

Re: WINE Magazine

Post by TORB »

Brett,

Unless they spelt out something about the possibility o the wine being available, then "you don't have to accept two free magazines instead.

If they advertised it, they legally have to deliver - no ifs and no buts. If they don't have the wine then they have to go out and buy it.

I hate it when suppliers start to pull shonkies like this one. Its just not right.
Cheers
Ric
TORBWine

roughred

Post by roughred »

Sounds like you need to speak with the bosses boss.

GravyMaker

Post by GravyMaker »

Update:

The Editor of WINE has now emailed me to say that they will send me the two bottles 'from their editorial department'.

I should point out here that I subscribe via Magshop and, I think, the promotion was from them. I have no idea if Magshop is an arm of Gourmet Traveller WINE or simply a third party. Just want to make sure the bad press goes to the deserving party.

It always makes me wonder how many people never complain and therefore don't get what they are entitled to...

Brett
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra

graham

Post by graham »

Yep...same problem except mine was 2 free cook books. 3 months on and still waiting. The optimist in me tells me they are being printed in china and delivered by mule.
Nothing is so effective in keeping one young and full of lust as a discriminating palate thoroughly satisfied at least once a day.