TN: 1994 Greenock Creek Cabernet

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
markg

TN: 1994 Greenock Creek Cabernet

Post by markg »

Some friends over for pizza and they bought this over:

On opening it was a bit closed but blossomed after 30 minutes. A powerhouse of concentrated, intense black fruits, spices, coffee and dark, rich chocolate with its 14.6% alcohol giving it a wonderful, sexy mouthfeel. The 10 years it has already spent in the bottle has mellowed it out a little and added to its complexity but it is still a whopper. A pleasure to drink.. the finish lasts to the next day almost (just joking, but I can still taste it now while I am writing these notes).
Cheers
-Mark Wickman

WICKMAN'S FINE WINE AUCTIONS
FREE membership, LOWEST auction commissions in Australia.
Now accepting wine for our next auction.
http://www.wickman.net.au

Twitter: @WickWine
YouTube: WickWineAuction

Seamus

Post by Seamus »

Mark,

I have had several of the '96 Greenock Cabernet and agree that they are crackers, a little underated maybe?? (especially when I bough the '96 at $15/bot.)

Andrew

markg

Post by markg »

Seamus wrote:Mark,

I have had several of the '96 Greenock Cabernet and agree that they are crackers, a little underated maybe?? (especially when I bough the '96 at $15/bot.)

Andrew

Andrew,

I agree - very underrated - I was very impressed with the legs on this puppy - the latest straight CabSavs sell for around $30 from cellar door and I definately try to get some each year when they become available.
Cheers
-Mark Wickman

WICKMAN'S FINE WINE AUCTIONS
FREE membership, LOWEST auction commissions in Australia.
Now accepting wine for our next auction.
http://www.wickman.net.au

Twitter: @WickWine
YouTube: WickWineAuction