Australia Day

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Daniel Jess

Australia Day

Post by Daniel Jess »

What's everyone doing for Australia Day - are there any fantastic wine events going on around the place?

monghead

Post by monghead »

Date night with wifey.

A '96 something or rather.

Have a good one guys...

Monghead.

Santa

Post by Santa »

Flying back from Gladstone at lunchtime, then driving straight to a BBQ. Not a drinking bunch...so probably just a cold Schneider Weisse Kristall.

How about you Daniel?
"I have made an important discovery... that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, produces all the effects of intoxication".

Oscar Wilde 1854-1900

Iconic Wines Distribution

Daniel Jess

Post by Daniel Jess »

Hi Maria!

Well, I've set up the menu with the chef for work for the day but I'm heading down the coast to see my parents.

There'll be some eiswein they've brought me from Canada but I'll be taking a stellar 2004 Pinot Noir from Scarborough Wines.. tried one yesterday and was impressed, had to chill it to 9C to help it along a bit, but very tasty. Will post tasting notes later.

John #11

Post by John #11 »

Just do your best and drink a good Aussie wine on the day, they're not that hard to find....

El Josho

Post by El Josho »

Test Match cricket here in Adelaide that weekend, so it will be warmish beers in the stands and cheap white sparkles out the back of the Members for mine.
"It wasn't the wine," murmured Mr. Snodgrass, in a broken voice. "It was the salmon."
Charles Dickens, Pickwick Papers

Taswegian

Post by Taswegian »

Aussie born, NZ raised, and now in Tassie i think it will start off with a nice bottle of Jansz vintage rose for the first few overs or session, then onto a nice WA chard, Central Otago Pinot and finish off with a Barossa grenache to put me to sleep. All while watching the cricket and having a barbie.

monghead

Post by monghead »

Lunch BBQ- What else but VB

Dinner with wifey- 1996 Domaine Leroy Les Combottes Gevrey-Chambertin :)

Cheers,

Monghead.