Wagga Wagga Offline ?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Anonymous

Wagga Wagga Offline ?

Post by Anonymous »

Hi folks,

think I last posted here about 4 years ago before the bulliten board went all fancy. Combination of divorce, change of job, South African reds and Oaked Sauvingon Blanc meant I haven't been drinking a lot of Auz wine, so haven't been back since.

Still a wonderful Australian girlfriend means I'm going to be be visiting from 28th Feb and we will be spending a week with her mother in Wagga Wagga from Sunday 2nd until Monday 9th of March.

Girlfirends mother laughed when we asked if she new of any wine clubs in the town, but given that CSU is based there, there must be a lot of wine mad people in the town.

Flying over from Rotterdam, so can't bring too much with me, but do have some top South African reds and whites that mght be fun to taste, and can always find some interesting European wines.

Any Waggians (?) out there and up for an offline ?

Cameron Clark

bacchaebabe

Post by bacchaebabe »

Welcome back Cameron. I'm afraid Wagga isn't too close to any of the major cities so your chances of an offline are a little remote. Canberra or Rutherglen / Albury area would be your closest and it's a decent drive from either location.

Good luck with getting any starters.
Cheers,
Kris

There's a fine wine between pleasure and pain
(Stolen from the graffiti in the ladies loos at Pegasus Bay winery)

marsalla

Post by marsalla »

As Max would say 'missed me by that much', just got back from Christmas there.

There are a few wine clubs in Wagga, cant point them out to you though. Do pay a visit to Bidgeebong, makes some very good value classy wines.

cheers

Grant

Post by Grant »

Cameron,

Are you living in Sth Africa? Or Rotterdam?

Cheers

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Grant

there are pretty strong links between South Africa and The Netherlands and South African is I believe the 2nd best selling country here behind France -pretty similar to how the UK took to Auz wine in the late 80's. Means that its relatively easy here to get access to some of the top wines, that are not so readily available else where. Got to say that the Sauvingon Blancs are very, very good and that there are a lot of very good reds made for a competitive price. I've had some very good Shiraz as well, but nothing that can compete with the very best Auz wines.

Marsalla

I'd already put Bidgeebong onto my "must visit" list. Hope that Icon chardonnay tastes as good as it reads.

mychurch

Post by mychurch »

Just noticed that on Thurs 6th March there is a tasting in Wagga organised by Wine Selectors. Clicked on the links and it does read as if its aimed at selling some low level wine to the casual/new wine lover, but maybe I'm being hard on them. Anyone any experience of these events and with the company ? Fun night out ?
This is my church, this is where I heal my hurts.
For tonight, God is the Auswine Wine Forum

Nayan

Post by Nayan »

That's a fair assessment Cameron. Think of it as akin to the "Sunday Times Wine Club"