Gemtree Uncut Shiraz - 2006

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
redwino

Gemtree Uncut Shiraz - 2006

Post by redwino »

Have just stocked up on this one, a bargain at $18 from Dan Murphy's.
Excellent structure and although drinking well now, will open up and show its true character with time.

Also have a single bottle of the 03, what's everyone's opinion of this one?

griff

Post by griff »

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for your first tasting note. I have tried this wine and it is pretty good I agree.

Just remember that this is a wine forum that is kindly provided by Gavin of Auswine and as such, we try to not recommend other retailers.

cheers

Carl
Bartenders are supposed to have people skills. Or was it people are supposed to have bartending skills?

Red Bigot

Re: Gemtree Uncut Shiraz - 2006

Post by Red Bigot »

redwino wrote:Also have a single bottle of the 03, what's everyone's opinion of this one?

2002, 2004, 2005, 2006 are all good for this one, for 2003 you can expect less, but may find it quite OK. I bought 2002/2004 but didn't think the 2003 was quite up there.

BTW you could have bought the 2006 at the same price or slightly cheaper at a couple of independent wine e-tailers.
Cheers
Brian
Life's too short to drink white wine and red wine is better for you too! :-)

redwino

Post by redwino »

cracked open the 2003 last night - has aged beautifully - silkiness on the palate with a long finish - much better than expected - fully recommended

Michael McNally

Post by Michael McNally »

Hi Redwino

Also had this last week. I too thought it excellent value and a good representative of the McLaren. Nice structure, good dark fruit with a spicy aniseed streak, but not too heavy on the pepper (which I do not like). Reasonable length. Should be great in a couple of years.

Cheers

Michael
Bonum Vinum Laetificat Cor Hominis