Rockfords Wines

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Wayno

Rockfords Wines

Post by Wayno »

More of the same really, but adding my two penn'orth worth to the Rockford tasting catalogue. In this case, rough notes /impressions from a recent visit.

Vine Vale 2007 Riesling
Big style, very rich and the alcohol stuck out a bit for me. Very flavoursome but would question it's longevity? Tasty though. Oddly under cork.

Eden Valley Riesling 2006?
Lemons, limes, some floral notes. Quite sweet, again a bit heavy handed but should age more impressively. Oddly under cork.

Local Growers Semillon 2004
Again, a big, full bodied style, lovely varietal nose but something a bit salty and odd about the palate. Distinctive and probably should have picked up a bottle or two (but didn't).

Moppa Springs 2003
Spicy, medium weight, quite nice. Again, full flavoured (there's a theme here). Enjoyed this, I think more than the 2002.

Rod and Spur 2004
I like this a lot, I think it's really excellent, lovely vibrant depth of fruit, Barossa shiraz quite obvious, tons of vanilla and berries and a bit of spicy oak.

Rifle Range Cabernet 2005
Very obviously Cabernet, leafy, a touch herbal but with good honest fruit backing it all up. Nice structure and length and I think this will do pretty well for a spell below. Now in Basket Press bottle too.

Basket Press 2005
Dense, concentrated, inky and tightly coiled. This is impressive stuff and has a good mouth coating texture. Will open up and develop well.

1999 VP
This has been around for a little while and I think I enjoy it more than last time. Great length and richness.

00 Hoffman all sold out!
Cheers
Wayno

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

DavidL

Post by DavidL »

Hi Wayno

Is the 00 Hofmann sold out at cellar door or for Stonewallers as well?

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

The Hoffman isn't available at standard cellar door, as far as I know (in fact I'm certain it isn't). It was sold out at Stonewallers cellar.
Cheers
Wayno

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Pity the Hoffmann was sold out, I was only there 10 days ago and got my 3 bottles.
I do understand why it must be sold out, its awesome! the best wine I've tasted at the cellar door for years. Mothers Milk!

Cheers
Dionysus

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Having a pregnant wife that scares me just a little. :)
Cheers
Wayno

Gary W

Post by Gary W »

Did you clock the alcohol percentage on the 05 BP by any chance?
GW

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Nope, don't remember but will check in any event. I'm sure someone's bound to know in the meantime.
Cheers
Wayno

DaveB

Post by DaveB »

Wayno wrote:Nope, don't remember but will check in any event. I'm sure someone's bound to know in the meantime.

From memory (which is notoriously bad) it was 14.5% +/-