Australian Moscato's

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
macca

Post by macca »

Wayne Dutschke produces a slightly fizzy Moscato and I really enjoyed the 2006 vintage. I believe it is primarily produced for his US importer to be re-badged under a different brand, but some is kept back for the Australian market and sold as a Dutschke wine. It's bottled in a tall blue 750mL.

bacchaebabe

Post by bacchaebabe »

I went to the Young Chefs Dinner the other night - notes evntually will come - anyhoo, for the final course of dessert they served the Brown Brothers Zibibbio, made from muscat grapes. Had a soapy peary nose then rose petals. Only a slight spritz and sweet and sherbety with a bit of apricot. Very pleasant indeed.

I've been quite surpised by how much I've enjoyed the wide variety of Brown Brothers wines I've drunk over good food month, being the sponsor and all. Nothing I'd be interesting in cellaring but plenty I'm interested in drinking. Standouts have been the 06 Chardy and this one, the Zibibbo. No idea what the price is but I can't imagine it would be much.
Cheers,
Kris

There's a fine wine between pleasure and pain
(Stolen from the graffiti in the ladies loos at Pegasus Bay winery)

Damo961

Post by Damo961 »

Brown Brothers also make a 'zibibbo rosa' which is similar to their zibibbo
but in a rose style. Tried both the other weekend and ended up ordering some of the rosa.

I think recommended retail is $16 or $17 but they can be found around for a couple of dollars less.

craig loves shiraz

Post by craig loves shiraz »

Ok.... Update everyone...

:D

Tried the Riccadonna D'Asti... To yeasty for my liking. Tasted like a beer!!! (Well almost... )

The T'Gallant.. too flat. Not enough Fizz! Bit of a still wine really.

Wirr Wirra. Top notch! The pick of the bunch so far! Right up there with the Two Hands Moscato....

Further updates to follow.. ;)

craig loves shiraz

Post by craig loves shiraz »

Purchased some of the kays Bros Moscato over the weekend. Very nice drop, in the 75cl bottle which makes it slightly better value than the two hands or Wirra Wirra. Though probably not quite as good as either of them. But only just... :)