Cheese Fest 2007: Festival For Cheese Lovers

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Deano

Cheese Fest 2007: Festival For Cheese Lovers

Post by Deano »

Hi All,
Gavin has given me permission to post this webpage link to Cheese Fest 07.
Cheese Fest 07 (Cheese Lover's Alfresco Gourmet Day) is holding its second alfresco cheese festival on Sunday 21st October at the McLaren Vale and Fleurieu Visitor Centre.
Starts at 11am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Entry, a mere $5, will provide you with a wine glass and access to dozens of free cheese tastings from many cheese manufacturers throughout the country.
Music, wine and restaurant stall holders, including demos and cheese classes are also available.
Please have a look at the Cheese Fest website, and if you would like any further info about the day, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks
Deano (Dean B)
Cheese Fest 07 Team Member

[url=http://www.cheesefest.com.au]click here for more information on Cheese Fest
[/url]
Cheers

Ian S

Post by Ian S »

Ah but will they have those fine cheeses from NZ over (Mature cheddar and tasty cheddar)?

Seriously, best of luck with the event and I hope you get a good turnout.

If you've imported some Stinking Bishop from these parts then I'd love to see peoples reaction.

The most challenging cheese I've tasted was in Turin. I'm pretty sure it had been soaked or washed in grappa and it was fiery with a rather unpleasant bitter taste. Not my cuppa tea!

regards

Ian

griff

Post by griff »

Ian S wrote:Ah but will they have those fine cheeses from NZ over (Mature cheddar and tasty cheddar)?

Seriously, best of luck with the event and I hope you get a good turnout.

If you've imported some Stinking Bishop from these parts then I'd love to see peoples reaction.

The most challenging cheese I've tasted was in Turin. I'm pretty sure it had been soaked or washed in grappa and it was fiery with a rather unpleasant bitter taste. Not my cuppa tea!

regards

Ian

Go the Stinking Bishop! Ate a lot of that in Boston, Lincolnshire.

cheers

Carl
Bartenders are supposed to have people skills. Or was it people are supposed to have bartending skills?

Craig(NZ)

Post by Craig(NZ) »

Ah but will they have those fine cheeses from NZ over (Mature cheddar and tasty cheddar)?

I actually really like aussie cheeses. i always really enjoy cheese boards from Aussie

My latest treat is from NZ. Kapiti Ramara. gooey, runny, very yum
Follow me on Vivino for tasting notes Craig Thomson

Deano

Post by Deano »

We have actually invited NZ makers, love to see them submit the comp and exhibit at the public day. Keeping our fingers crossed, there may be one from NZ. Love to see more.
Deano
Cheers

El Josho

Post by El Josho »

Coming in at the tale end of Tasting Australia, this event will be the crowing glory on a week of good living. Looking forward to it with unusual vim.
"It wasn't the wine," murmured Mr. Snodgrass, in a broken voice. "It was the salmon."
Charles Dickens, Pickwick Papers

Deano

Post by Deano »

Just a polite reminder for those who know and those that missed out first time...that CheeseFest 07 is on Sunday week...21st October...check out my original post and weblink to the day.
Cheers
Dean
Cheers

El Josho

Post by El Josho »

Limbering up for Sunday's gala cheese event with a light lunch at The Victory. When I say light lunch, of course I mean an extensive lunch and a bottle or two from their excellent cellar before a roll down the hill and in to McLaren Vale town.

Only three sleeps to go.
"It wasn't the wine," murmured Mr. Snodgrass, in a broken voice. "It was the salmon."
Charles Dickens, Pickwick Papers

fivewells

Post by fivewells »

Dean, sounds a great day .... if only I could get there !!!

Just last week on USA tv.winelibrary web site ......

- Gary Vaynerchuck the excited and entertaining host (during a port tasting) raved about King Island 'Roaring Forties' Blue cheese as he tried Dows 1994 port (again a big, big vote for this one)

Enjoy the day

Best Regards Geoff ..... from Sydney