Online Retailer

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
GravyMaker

Online Retailer

Post by GravyMaker »

There have been several threads in the past regarding online wine retailers - the good, the bad and the ugly.

Let me share with you one of the good:

At about 2.30pm today I placed an order online with Gavin here at Auswine. I almost fell off my chair when my secretary came into my office at 3.30pm carrying the wine! In fact, I was sure it must have been a mistake...

They say we generally tell ten times the number of people about a bad experience as a good one - I thought I should let you know about the good.

The only problem I have is that I was going to have an AFD today :lol: :wink:
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra

Paullie

Post by Paullie »

While thats a great experience, it isn't realistic.

Kudas to Gavin for that turnaround. Can you do the same for me, Perth, WA.

:lol:

Daryl Douglas

Post by Daryl Douglas »

Paullie wrote:While thats a great experience, it isn't realistic.

Kudas to Gavin for that turnaround. Can you do the same for me, Perth, WA.

:lol:

I thought when I read the post, "Well, lucky you're in Adelaide." Townsville's probably further from Adelaide than Perth, especially by road. But I'm not gunna google that Paullie. :wink: Spare a thought for international customers.

Cheers

daz

PS: Gavin could probably do 24 or 48 hour deliveries to where we both live - depends on how much freight cost is bearable/realistic.
Last edited by Daryl Douglas on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paullie

Post by Paullie »

Indeed.

GravyMaker

Post by GravyMaker »

Fair point by both of you I suppose.

The point I was making is that everything in the control of Auswine was done well - that is, the goods left their premises 20 minutes after I ordered them. How far away you live is hardly in Gavin's control.

Anyway, I say thanks to Auswine....

Brett
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Frank Sinatra