What wine is your glass at the moment?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Joe Cz

Post by Joe Cz »

Coffee. Strong smokey notes of Columbian forest floor rounded off with a creamy rich palette and a sign that morning is actually here.

Lucky me. I'm on the East Coast of the U.S., where the evening is still going strong. The 2005 Massena The Howling Dog is still going strong. Some floral notes, licorice, lots of blueberries. Don't think the finish is as long as the Shiraz, but it's still a darn tasty drop.

BTW, I'm guessing if this is sold domestically it's probably sold as Durif. It's labeled Petite Sirah here.

Cheers!
Joe Czerwinski

Gavin Trott

Post by Gavin Trott »

Joe Cz wrote:
Coffee. Strong smokey notes of Columbian forest floor rounded off with a creamy rich palette and a sign that morning is actually here.

Lucky me. I'm on the East Coast of the U.S., where the evening is still going strong. The 2005 Massena The Howling Dog is still going strong. Some floral notes, licorice, lots of blueberries. Don't think the finish is as long as the Shiraz, but it's still a darn tasty drop.

BTW, I'm guessing if this is sold domestically it's probably sold as Durif. It's labeled Petite Sirah here.

Cheers!

Durif is right, and it sure howls, that dog!
regards

Gavin Trott

Gavin Trott

Post by Gavin Trott »

BTW

Great idea for an instant thread and discussion!

I didn't join in because I didn't think 2 Lowenbrau beers would cut the mustard!
regards

Gavin Trott

DJZany

Post by DJZany »

Balnaves The Blend 2005.

Oh no, it's not in the glass it's all over the floor, with pieces of the what was the glass EVERYWHERE :oops: :cry: :oops:

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

2002 Mcwilliams Old Paddock & Old Hill Shiraz. Quite nice, sweet but slightly aged and pruney fruits, a twang of acid on the finish that blew off, tannins largely melted away. Enjoyed it.

Davo

Post by Davo »

Langmeil Valley Floor Shiraz 2005, the current house wine and now just finishing the 2nd dozen. Bloody splendid vfm at $19 a bottle delivered to the door.

c6109

Post by c6109 »

Nothing left of it now...Polkolbin Estate 99 Shiraz..ripper wine and great value at $15.

mmm now for a tokay or muscat..havent opened ANY as yet from the rutherglen trip.

Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Jordan wrote:Right now: Pepsi Max. :evil:

Yes, an appalling effort on my behalf . Was wading through case readings for a law subject and thought that any wine consumed would be tainted by my bitterness of studying. So stuck to the good stuff, Pepsi Max.
Premierships and great wine... that is what life is all about