TN: Lazy Ballerina Shiraz 2005

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Gavin Trott

TN: Lazy Ballerina Shiraz 2005

Post by Gavin Trott »

This is classic McLaren Vale Shiraz, fragrant, complex and inviting with blue and black berry fruits, earth, chocolate and touches of exotic spices completing a fantastically inviting nose. The palate does not disappoint, following through beautifully from the nose, intense sweet/savoury fruits, plums, blackberry and mulberry mostly, with touches of regional earth and chocolate on a long, long finish. The wine is beautifully textural, lush and creamy with great fruit purity, balance and structure. Great wine making, from great fruit. - the auswine panel

Fantastic wine!
regards

Gavin Trott

BillieTheKid

Lazy Ballerina - Awsome quality and Value

Post by BillieTheKid »

Couldn't agree more... This wine is not only beautifully made from top grade fruit it is by far the best value shiraz on the market. the 2004 version was brilliant; so good in fact that I don't have any left... I drank it all... 2005 is everything the vintage offerred and more.
The only unfortunate part is that there is very little of this stuff.
Great work and keep it coming.

McLaren Vale Vine Doctor

James Halliday Review

Post by McLaren Vale Vine Doctor »

James Halliday 2008 Australian Wine Guide
McLaren Vale Shiraz 2005 Stacked full of flavour, but not showing its 15% alcohol; a mix of predominantly black fruits, with some splashes of red; medium to full bodied, with smooth tannins and controlled oak. (Pro) Cork. Rating 94 pts. To 2025.

Daryl Douglas

Re: James Halliday Review

Post by Daryl Douglas »

McLaren Vale Vine Doctor wrote:James Halliday 2008 Australian Wine Guide
McLaren Vale Shiraz 2005 Stacked full of flavour, but not showing its 15% alcohol; a mix of predominantly black fruits, with some splashes of red; medium to full bodied, with smooth tannins and controlled oak. (Pro) Cork. Rating 94 pts. To 2025.

James seems to be giving some higher alcohol wines long drinking windows. His TN of Capel Vale MR cab 05 is also to 2025 which although the back label says 14.5% he quotes as 14.9%, possible, as the alc was noticeable on the nose. The back label says development over 2-4 years. It may hold for 20 yrs but I think it'd be best drunk by 2012.

Cheers

daz

Capel Vale Wines

Re: James Halliday Review

Post by Capel Vale Wines »

Daryl Douglas wrote:
McLaren Vale Vine Doctor wrote:James Halliday 2008 Australian Wine Guide

James seems to be giving some higher alcohol wines long drinking windows. His TN of Capel Vale MR cab 05 is also to 2025 which although the back label says 14.5% he quotes as 14.9%, possible, as the alc was noticeable on the nose. The back label says development over 2-4 years. It may hold for 20 yrs but I think it'd be best drunk by 2012.

Cheers

daz

Daz,

From my knowledge, all the tasting notes and alcohol for Halliday is typed into the layout (they do not ask wineries to fill out a spreadsheet for example). In other words I suspect the alcohol may have been incorrectly inserted.

I cracked a bottle of the 05 MR Cab the other day and was holding up nicely and will certainly go for a few more years in good storage.

Cheers

Scott - Capel Vale Wines