Anyone confirm if Parker has given the 04 Creek Block 100 pt

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
DavidL

Anyone confirm if Parker has given the 04 Creek Block 100 pt

Post by DavidL »

I have heard that Parker has given the Greenock Creek Creek Block 2004 a 100 points?

KMP

Post by KMP »

No scores for the 2004 wines up on the internet site as yet.

The 2001 and 2003 Greenock Creek Shiraz Creek Block both received 100 points from Parker; whatever that means. :?

Mike

SueNZ

Post by SueNZ »

KMP wrote: .... both received 100 points from Parker; whatever that means. :?
Mike

It means he will have to adopt CraigNZ's system if he wants to score a wine higher. :lol:

TORB

Post by TORB »

I didn't think Parker was reviewing Oz wines any more and that he had handed that category over.

Sounds like the usual speculation about Parkers scores that surfaces from time to time. Parkers scores do not leak.
Cheers
Ric
TORBWine

KMP

Post by KMP »

TORB wrote:I didn't think Parker was reviewing Oz wines any more and that he had handed that category over.

Sounds like the usual speculation about Parkers scores that surfaces from time to time. Parkers scores do not leak.

Correct, Ric.

Responsibility for Australia has been passed on to Dr. Jay Miller, although the scores and tasting notes are still under The Wine Advocate umbrella. There was a lot of comment about Miller's high scores after his recent review of Spanish wines, and so its possible that he will be just as generous to Aussie wines.

Mike

Craig(NZ)

Post by Craig(NZ) »

It means he will have to adopt CraigNZ's system if he wants to score a wine higher.

we all know he is dying to move to my system. 100pts just is never enough :lol:

I handed out a 103 pointer last night!
Follow me on Vivino for tasting notes Craig Thomson

n4sir

Post by n4sir »

KMP wrote:
TORB wrote:I didn't think Parker was reviewing Oz wines any more and that he had handed that category over.

Correct, Ric.

Responsibility for Australia has been passed on to Dr. Jay Miller, although the scores and tasting notes are still under The Wine Advocate umbrella. There was a lot of comment about Miller's high scores after his recent review of Spanish wines, and so its possible that he will be just as generous to Aussie wines.

Mike

I did hear a whisper in the last couple of months that Parker has looked at a few Australian wines after handing over the official WA reviewing duties to Jay Miller. There was an insinuation that he did this at the request of a certain US importer of Australian wines - I must stress this was a rumour and from inside the industry.

Cheers,
Ian
Forget about goodness and mercy, they're gone.

tpang

Post by tpang »

Jay Miller is reviewing the aussie wines now, but Bob has travelled with him this year.. probably as a break, but perhaps also to see how their scores match up.

smithy

Post by smithy »

8) Pointless parker points.
yawn.
next!
home of the mega-red

Craig(NZ)

Post by Craig(NZ) »

Pointless parker points.
yawn.
next!

cummon smithy, how would i know what to like, unless someone tells me? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Follow me on Vivino for tasting notes Craig Thomson

El Josho

Post by El Josho »

If no review is available, go by colour. You may notice that a selection of colours is now available, the most common being red and white.

I generally find the red ones enjoyable, but from time to time have known the white ones to do the job. The white ones with bubbles have their place but the red ones with bubbles are - in my humble opinion - misguided. As ever I am willing and available to reassess and rescore as appropriate. In fact, I encourage reassessment. Frequently and oft.

I defy RJP to fault my assessment system. Note, no use of point scale, either.
"It wasn't the wine," murmured Mr. Snodgrass, in a broken voice. "It was the salmon."
Charles Dickens, Pickwick Papers

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Well said man.
Cheers
Wayno

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

Grand Cru

Post by Grand Cru »

It's cheap at Langtons currently at $88 plus commission but if it gets 100pts it will be worth double that so well worth accumulating prior to the points release later this year if you're a player in the secondary market.
I like them young, I like them old but most of all I like them bold