TNR - 2003 KILIKANOON PROPHECY SHIRAZ

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
monkeyboy

TNR - 2003 KILIKANOON PROPHECY SHIRAZ

Post by monkeyboy »

Hi All,

I was wondering whether anyone may have tried the 2003 Kilikanoon Prophecy Shiraz. I would be interested to find any tasting notes or thoughts of anyone who may of had a chance to try it. Thanks.

cheers

ant
Currently drinking -

Red Bigot

Post by Red Bigot »

I gave a bottle from my dozen to a friend. His note said: "Even though I'd had it inside, it showed little after opening, partly a function of the screw cap and partly because it was too cold. I was a little disappointed at first, thought it a light clean simple monodimensional wine. However, after about half an hour, the fruit and soft tannins emerged and, at the end, we found it to be a delightful young drink. At about $20 pb, it has serious competition from wines like Pirathon, Schist Rock and even the 2006 Long Hop."

This friend also took some of my 2002 Prophecy allocation, the 2003 is not quite as good as the 2002, but seems to be a good effort for the lesser vintage.

So, it's not Covenant/Testament/Parable quality at a cheap price, but OK value if you joined the club and got a free 28-bottle wine fridge for committing to a 3-case buy over 18 months, including the 2002 Prophecy to start with. :-)
Cheers
Brian
Life's too short to drink white wine and red wine is better for you too! :-)

monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

Thanks for the Brian. Much appreciated.

cheers

Ant
Currently drinking -

cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Red Bigot wrote: but OK value if you joined the club and got a free 28-bottle wine fridge for committing to a 3-case buy over 18 months, including the 2002 Prophecy to start with. :-)
Is that a joke or have I missed out o a wine fridge? I received a phone call from Kilikanoon yesterday and bought a dozen of the 03 to split with a mate on the strength of the 02, which I thought was a great drop for $20 (and I reconfirmed that with the bottle I opened laast night).

Red Bigot

Post by Red Bigot »

cruiser wrote:
Red Bigot wrote: but OK value if you joined the club and got a free 28-bottle wine fridge for committing to a 3-case buy over 18 months, including the 2002 Prophecy to start with. :-)
Is that a joke or have I missed out o a wine fridge? I received a phone call from Kilikanoon yesterday and bought a dozen of the 03 to split with a mate on the strength of the 02, which I thought was a great drop for $20 (and I reconfirmed that with the bottle I opened laast night).

You had to buy 2 cases of the 2002 last year and commit to the 2003 and one other case at $240 to get the wine fridge, so actually a 4-case buy, but I sold 1 of the 2002 cases to a friend.
Cheers
Brian
Life's too short to drink white wine and red wine is better for you too! :-)