Fair Go

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Shiraz_Freak

Post by Shiraz_Freak »

You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't all of the people all of the time. Dry your eyes princess and get over it.

JF

Post by JF »

Has anyone tried the Ashdon Hills or the Belnaves? :? These might be exclusive releases only the doc gets to try. :P

n4sir

Post by n4sir »

Ian S wrote:Smithy
Advice: Contact the individual and point out factual mistakes.

Their opinion: Yes, we agree that they're entitled to their opinions.

regards

Ian

Cutting to the chase I think most people are pretty much in agreement with the above two points.

One thing I can add Smithy, we've tried your wines a number of times blind at Blacktongues and they tend to be genuinely polarizing styles from the way they usually get both preferred/least-preferred votes.

I can definitely see how they can get both and bad press, and I think as long as someone can give a fair reason why they don't like a wine they should be allowed to say so.

Cheers,
Ian
Forget about goodness and mercy, they're gone.

danclarke

Re: Fair Go

Post by danclarke »

smithy wrote:8) Just what is a fair comment on a tasting note published on the net?

The web seems to bring the worst out of some people...
Cheers
Smithy

Yes and no.
You know if you had of brought this comment up about someone else's wine then people may have answered the question properly instead of taking a shot at you.

The web will always be the enemy and the hero.
The net is and always will be a resource.

There must be heaps more grog sold now due to the net. Not because of buying on line.
But everyone is a lot more lazy now.

There would be someone sitting in Alice Springs right now looking for a certain bottle.

You think he is going to every bottle shop in town or hopping on line?

Tasting notes are everywhere and if I decided I was going to order a wine I knew nothing about.
I'd research it and look at all opinions. If that was the only note on that wine available on line, then yeah, not good.

If you make crap wine the web will damn you, if you don't then word of mouth travels a hell of a lot quicker.
Think I knew about your wines from my neighbour or the web?

I'm pretty sure you would have been one of the first to utilise the web and look up Parker scores this week.

And smithy, people must post average wines. I just wish people weren't scathing, just accurate.

danclarke

Post by danclarke »

Oh Smithy, and next time for a good marketing ploy.

Look up a crap note of one of your direct competitors and use that.
That way you look like a campaigner, and your opposition gets lots of bad exposure :wink: :lol:

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Also, posting links to crappy tasting notes only elevates them in the Google rankings. :shock:

albus

Post by albus »

and of course the debate is not limited to wine criticism - just when you thought there could be no topic with more pretentious posturing

http://blogs.smh.com.au/entertainment/archives/undercover/008504.html