Sunday drinking reports due

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
GRB

Post by GRB »

2004 Kalleske Greenock Shiraz
Deep red with red rim, rich nose with raspberry initially then olives, choc and a hint of oak. Full bodied wine with outstanding fruit over strong dusty tanins and great balance. The rest of the case is now down for a sleep. Bit of a shame as it is lovely at the moment, but I know there are great things in store in a few years.

Waiting for someone else to post on the offline as I didn't take notes and don't recall all the vintages. Will post some tv's though.

Glen
Winner of the inaugural RB cork-count competition
Runner up RB-NTDIR competition
Runner up TORB TN competition
Leave of absence second RB c-c competition

Mike Hawkins

Post by Mike Hawkins »

Roo,

It was a 750 ml bottle. I was so disappointed, that I opened another bottle last night and it was superb. While it had an initial nose of yeast and boulangerie, after time it became nutty, with caramel and lime notes. The length and mouthfeel was exquisite. An infinitely better Krug experience.

Cheers

Mike

Handy

Post by Handy »

Was the second bottle also a new label Krug? What do you think is the reason for the difference between the two bottles? Cork taint or something else?

Mike Hawkins

Post by Mike Hawkins »

Both were the new label, but purchased at different stores. The first was by no means tainted - it still would have been better than 80% of NV / MV champagnes. My bet it that it was either poorly stored or the shipping in sub zero temperatures adversely affected it.