Gavin, it hit the spot, here are TN's from Japan

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Serge Birbrair

Gavin, it hit the spot, here are TN's from Japan

Post by Serge Birbrair »

2002 Gibson Barossa Vale Old Vine Collection Shiraz---A dream of a wine. I love great Shiraz and this is great--full bodied, rich and delicious with chocolate, spice, and a creamy texture. Tannins are smooth and proof that this wine has years to go--but easy to enjoy now.

R.L. Buller & Sons Museum Release Calliope Rutherglen Rare Liquer Tokay---Stop what you are doing and pay attention to a wine of astounding beauty. This is a wine you can taste in you mind years later. A collection of complex tastes and aromas---caramel, toffee, raisins, honey, my friends xmas pudding, it just goes on and on. A true classic and one of the best wines I have ever had.

posted from WineTalk

mphatic

Re: Gavin, it hit the spot, here are TN's from Japan

Post by mphatic »

Serge wrote:R.L. Buller & Sons Museum Release Calliope Rutherglen Rare Liquer Tokay---Stop what you are doing and pay attention to a wine of astounding beauty. This is a wine you can taste in you mind years later. A collection of complex tastes and aromas---caramel, toffee, raisins, honey, my friends xmas pudding, it just goes on and on. A true classic and one of the best wines I have ever had.

Serge,

Have you tasted the Bullers Calliope Muscat? Talk about intense!

Petaluma

Post by Petaluma »

Serge wrote:R.L. Buller & Sons Museum Release Calliope Rutherglen Rare Liquer Tokay---Stop what you are doing and pay attention to a wine of astounding beauty. This is a wine you can taste in you mind years later. A collection of complex tastes and aromas---caramel, toffee, raisins, honey, my friends xmas pudding, it just goes on and on. A true classic and one of the best wines I have ever had.

posted from [url=http://www.winetalk.com/forum/showthread.php?
=1322]WineTalk[/url]

This may sound silly but Ive never had Tokay. How much can you drink in one go? Is it rich like Port where you just have a very small amount?

Ive been told that the Seppelt Rare Tokay was the one to try for anyone who has had both how would this one compare?

Serge Birbrair

Post by Serge Birbrair »

mphatic wrote:

Serge,

Have you tasted the Bullers Calliope Muscat? Talk about intense!

no, and I haven't tried Buller Tokay either,
the notes are from a friend who got it thru Gavin. After notes like this, I am getting a case for myself,
and would like to see the comparission between muscat and tokay,
so I could adjust the order and make it 6/6 instead

markg

Post by markg »

Petaluma wrote:

posted from [url=http://www.winetalk.com/forum/showthread.php?
=1322]WineTalk[/url]

This may sound silly but Ive never had Tokay. How much can you drink in one go? Is it rich like Port where you just have a very small amount?

Ive been told that the Seppelt Rare Tokay was the one to try for anyone who has had both how would this one compare?

Personally I like a good Tokay (try the Dutschke Tokay, yum). It is not as rich as Port or Muscat, however I think it is more luscious, elegant and complex. It has cold tea characteristics that (I found) take some getting used to, but once you get into them the good ones are an experience to savour..
Cheers
-Mark Wickman

WICKMAN'S FINE WINE AUCTIONS
FREE membership, LOWEST auction commissions in Australia.
Now accepting wine for our next auction.
http://www.wickman.net.au

Twitter: @WickWine
YouTube: WickWineAuction

Mike M

Post by Mike M »

On a recent trip to South Africa, I had a late harvest Muscat that was juicy, rich, and very flavorful. It was Vin de Constance from Klein Constantia. I tried to find a bottle to take home, but it was a losing exercise. I've asked a SA friend (that's South African as opposed to South Australian) to get me a bottle or two at the winery the next time she's in Cape Town.

Serge - looks like you'll have to be changing things on your signature profile now that the justices have put some sense into the wine distribution scene over here.
Wine is a never-ending education

Serge Birbrair

Post by Serge Birbrair »

Mike M wrote:
Serge - looks like you'll have to be changing things on your signature profile now that the justices have put some sense into the wine distribution scene over here.

not really....I tried buying Tokay and Muscat from Gavin this morning and...he can't ship to Florida. Meanwhile....Florida changed the law recently and now I can buy machine gun, Uzi, with 5 days ONLY waiting period. 15 clips pistol magazines are no longer illegal either
(used to be 10 cartriges limit) Friend of mine was shooting at the range yesterday, and next to him was 12 years old boy, shooting 22 caliber pistol. If this boy had a glass of wine with his parents, that would be breaking the law! We are STILL very far from popping the corks...or changing signatures in profile
:(

Mike M

Post by Mike M »

Damn - here I thought you'd be a happy guy now. Maybe you should leave the sunshine and come to the Land of Lincoln with our lovely winters. We've got no hassles here with interstate shipments, and it's "No worries" getting stuff from Gavin.
Wine is a never-ending education

Serge Birbrair

Post by Serge Birbrair »

Mike M wrote:Damn - here I thought you'd be a happy guy now. Maybe you should leave the sunshine and come to the Land of Lincoln with our lovely winters. We've got no hassles here with interstate shipments, and it's "No worries" getting stuff from Gavin.

no sale!
:)

I kinda enjoy the lack of
State Income Tax
Snow
...and being the youngest at any Boca Raton restaurant!
When we pop in, we drop the average age to...71
:)