who is here from Brissie?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Serge Birbrair

who is here from Brissie?

Post by Serge Birbrair »

the witness on my wedding in Las vegas was one of my best friends from Brissbane...let's see how many "dergees of separation" are there with all the Internet connections
:)

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I went to Expo in Brisbane in '88.

Does that count?

I found the water quite mineraly.

Wilson

Elvis

Post by Elvis »

Start us off Serge and we'll see if anyone knows your friend from your las Vegas wedding.

The water in Brisbane is crap. So is the local wine.

BA

Post by BA »

Wilson wrote:I found the water quite mineraly.

Wilson

Funny you should mention that, Wilson.

Brisbane water has a higher mineral content than Perrier.

Yet we still only have one winery - and it's very ordinary.

cheers
BA

markg

Post by markg »

BA wrote:
Wilson wrote:I found the water quite mineraly.

Wilson

Funny you should mention that, Wilson.

Brisbane water has a higher mineral content than Perrier.

Yet we still only have one winery - and it's very ordinary.

cheers
BA

I'll bet it is not as mineraly as Adelaide water :roll:
Cheers
-Mark Wickman

WICKMAN'S FINE WINE AUCTIONS
FREE membership, LOWEST auction commissions in Australia.
Now accepting wine for our next auction.
http://www.wickman.net.au

Twitter: @WickWine
YouTube: WickWineAuction

Gary W

Post by Gary W »

markg wrote:

You Adelaide guys are BLESSED with your unique limestone/calcium terroir water. I think the flavours go through into the vines when you turn on the irrigation. You can taste it.

GW

Gary W

Post by Gary W »

markg wrote:

You Adelaide guys are BLESSED with your unique limestone/calcium terroir water. I think the flavours go through into the vines when you turn on the irrigation. You can taste it.

GW

Kieran

Post by Kieran »

I don't want to know what's in the water that feeds the Hunter then.

Kieran
"In the wine of life, some of us are destined to be cork sniffers." - Dilbert

markg

Post by markg »

Gary W wrote:
markg wrote:

GW

Actually Adelaide is one of only two ports in the world where ships will not fill their drinking water tanks, the other is Bombay.
Cheers
-Mark Wickman

Gary W

Post by Gary W »

Kieran wrote:I don't want to know what's in the water that feeds the Hunter then.

Kieran

Ground up bridge players. The encourage low vigour in the canopy.
GW

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

All the best people on this forum are from Brisbane :D

Because we are so good, we get to have all the best tastings. Negociants next week. That will be a good one.

Graham
Chardonnay: A drink you have when there is no RED wine, the beer hasn't arrived and the water may be polluted

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

All the best people on this forum are from Brisbane :D

Because we are so good, we get to have all the best tastings. Negociants next week. That will be a good one.

Graham
Chardonnay: A drink you have when there is no RED wine, the beer hasn't arrived and the water may be polluted

markg

Post by markg »

GrahamB wrote:All the best people on this forum are from Brisbane :D

Graham

Are people really born in Brisbane ? Don't they slip across the border to have their children ? Otherwise they could grow up with the stigma of being called a Queenslander :D
Cheers
-Mark Wickman

mphatic

Post by mphatic »

Graham

Graham,

Where/when is this tasting and who is running it? I read an article on the winestar site regarding a good pinot tasting last week, yet I didn't hear a thing about it. I think I am out of the loop.

Serge,

I am from Brisbane, and both a friend of mine and someone I work with are Russian. Does that help??

Cheers

Stereotype

Post by Stereotype »

Serge, do most Russian ladies look like Anna Kournikova and Maria Sharapova?

Serge Birbrair

Post by Serge Birbrair »

His name is Scott Phillips, he used to make splashes in the local papers back in a day when he was "bad boy"
;)

Serge Birbrair

Post by Serge Birbrair »

Stereotype wrote:Serge, do most Russian ladies look like Anna Kournikova and Maria Sharapova?

yes.....between the neck and belly button
:)

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

mphatic wrote:

Graham

Graham,

Where/when is this tasting and who is running it? I read an article on the winestar site regarding a good pinot tasting last week, yet I didn't hear a thing about it. I think I am out of the loop.Cheers

The distributer, Negociants is hosting a tasting of their premium Aus & imports for members of the wine trade in Brisbane.

Graham

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

GrahamB wrote:The distributer, Negociants is hosting a tasting of their premium Aus & imports for members of the wine trade in Brisbane.

Graham

Graham,

Will you be privy to the latest offerings from Henschke and Giaconda? Is the tasting only of current releases? I wonder when they conduct the kiwi tasting night...
Max
-----
Avant d’être bon, un vin doit être vrai

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

Maximus wrote:
GrahamB wrote:The distributer, Negociants is hosting a tasting of their premium Aus & imports for members of the wine trade in Brisbane.

Graham

Graham,

Will you be privy to the latest offerings from Henschke and Giaconda? Is the tasting only of current releases? I wonder when they conduct the kiwi tasting night...

Max!!! Where have you been? Up to the family jewels in work?

Tucker Seabrook handle Henschke in Aus. Negociants in NZ. Don't know who handles Giaconda.

Didn't I see somewhere where they did their own sales from the Internet? Anyway, from reports a few months back, they didn't release their premiums due to smoke damage.

The tastings usually are of the currently available wines.

AUS: Bleasdale, Freycinet, Mad Fish, Primo, Rymill, Tin Shed, Capel Vale, Kooyong, O'Leary Walker, Redbank, Tarrawarra, Wirra Wirra.

OS: Bordeaux, Rhone, Burgundy, Piedmont, Veneto, Tuscany, Puglia, Spain, Germany, Martinborough.

I have the day off work and I think C is trying for a major part of the day. Miss M is totally P Offed to have to work. Maybe she could just pick us up and we can tell her about it.

When are you due back? Brisbane wine festival is the weekend of the 17 - 19 June. RNA judging is 10 to 14 July. Friends of the RNA is Friday 15 July. Begin inhaling now.

Graham

GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

Max

Check this out on Giaconda.

Graham

http://www.winefrontmonthly.com.au/newsevents.htm

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

GrahamB wrote:Max!!! Where have you been? Up to the family jewels in work?

I have the day off work and I think C is trying for a major part of the day. Miss M is totally P Offed to have to work. Maybe she could just pick us up and we can tell her about it.

When are you due back? Brisbane wine festival is the weekend of the 17 - 19 June. RNA judging is 10 to 14 July. Friends of the RNA is Friday 15 July. Begin inhaling now.

Graham

Graham,

I spent the majority of the Easter break down on Stewart Island, where I failed to complete the 125km NW Circuit. Expect an email next week that will tell all...

I have my flights already booked for my two weeks back in Brisbane and wouldn't you know it, I fly in on the 16th of June. How convenient. I'm heading up to the old holiday house on the Saturday at lunch time but based on the dates you've supplied, I could certainly spend all of Friday (17th) knocking back the good stuff. Are there particular hours for the people in the wine trade? Is there a website I can go to for further information? We must arrange a group of us to go including yourself, Miss M, C and perhaps my old man and some of his cronies...

Cheers,
Max
-----
Avant d’être bon, un vin doit être vrai