September purchases

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
WineRick

September purchases

Post by WineRick »

6 x 2021 Yalumba Signature
Heard it was good, tasted at the vineyard recently. A fantastic red - stylish, long-flavoured and beautifully balanced.

Chuck

Re: September purchases

Post by Chuck »

6 x Glen Eldon Wines 2021 Barossa ValleyTwisted Trunk Shiraz.

6 x Corryton Burge 2019 The Brigadier Eden Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Nice to see Grant Burge didn't sell the Corryton Park vineyard to Accolade. The cooler Eden Valley is ideal for growing cabernet that is more generous in sweeter black fruit (particularly blackberry) and less harsh greener flavours.
Your worst game of golf is better than your best day at work

WineRick

Post by WineRick »

6 x 2023 Seppelt 'Drumborg' Traminer - delicate, fragrant and gently persuasive! Probably needs another 6 - 12 months.

6 x 2023 Leo Buring EV Riesling - one of our house whites. Can't get over the price.

ticklenow1

Post by ticklenow1 »

My Wendouree order - received everything I ordered except the 24b Shiraz.
2 x 2022 Aphelion Rapture Grenache
1 x 2023 Aphelion Wait Vineyard - getting up in price now so will try one to see if I splash on any more.
2 x 2021 Yalumba Signature
1 x 2022 Yalumba Tri-Centenary Grenache
2 x 2018 Yalumba FDR1A
1 x 2019 Yalumba Menzies
3 x 2021 Comando G La Bruja de Rozas Garnacha
3 x 2024 Mount Pleasant Estate Grown Semillon
2 x 2024 Mount Pleasant Lovedale Semillon
1 x 2018 Mount Pleasant 1946 Lovedale Semillon
3 x 2009 Paul Jaboulet Aine Thalabert Crozes Hermitage
2 x 2023 Bulman Glen's Vineyard Grenache
1 x 2023 Bulman Gary's Vineyard Grenache
If you had to choose between drinking great wine or winning Lotto, which would you choose - Red or White?

Ian S

Post by Ian S »

Trying out a new Italian based retail outfit Svinando. Early reviews showed some significant teething troubles, but despite never getting any tracking info, the parcel arrived today, with solid packing and everything looks fine.

"Il Falcone" Castel del Monte Riserva DOC 2017
3x "Violante" Nero di Troia Castel del Monte DOC 2020 I tried a bottle of this from a different retailer, having long enjoyed the above wine - very much the benchmark for the region/lead grape. A touch more forward, but with lovely brightness, so getting some more was on the cards.

2x "La Berardina" Freisa Monferrato DOC 2022 I do like Freisa, and Accornero (the producer) is solid

"Corleto" Lambrusco Grasparossa di Castelvetro Secco DOC Not so easy to find proper Lambrusco, despite it being such a useful food wine.

Timorasso "Piccolo Derthona" DOC 2021
2x Derthona Timorasso Ca' degli Olmi DOC 2021 Both from a producer (Canevaro Luca, presumably following that Piemontese tradition of reversing forename and surname between generations) that is new to me, but seems well-received on CT, plus it's become a favourite white grape for me over the last decade. I'll always try new ones.

958 Brachetto d'Acqui DOCG The producer is Santero, the wine like a red equivalent of Moscato d'Asti, and my aperitivo of choice after a day's rushing around on holiday.

"'Na Vota" Ruchè di Castagnole Monferrato DOCG 2022. Another slightly obscure Piemontese red grape, and one that can get a bit high in alc %. I have another bottle of this buried in the cellar from an earlier vintage, which I probably need to open up soon.