Joy Bowen

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
mjs

Joy Bowen

Post by mjs »

Very sad to hear that Joy Bowen passed away today. Have been going to Bowen Estate and enjoying Joy and Doug's hospitality for over forty years. She has been an institution in Coonawarra. Condolences and best wishes to Doug, Emma, Simon, Erika and family

https://www.facebook.com/coonawarra?ref=embed_page
veni, vidi, bibi
also on twitter @m_j_short
and instagram m_j_short

phillisc

Re: Joy Bowen

Post by phillisc »

Yes indeed, Joy was a wonderful person.
Have been on the Bowen train since the late 80s and have spoken to Joy on many an occasion.
Annual purchase a few weeks back, but might get a few more. Vale

Cheers Craig
Tomorrow will be a good day

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

A massive loss to the entire coonawarra community. Have spent many a good time with the Bowen's (Doug and Emma in particular) and my sincere condolences to the whole family.
You couldn't ask for a more down to earth / salt of the earth family who are so generous with their time and hospitality.

Vale Joy Bowen

phillisc

Post by phillisc »

Rossco wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:53 pm A massive loss to the entire coonawarra community. Have spent many a good time with the Bowen's (Doug and Emma in particular) and my sincere condolences to the whole family.
You couldn't ask for a more down to earth / salt of the earth family who are so generous with their time and hospitality.

Vale Joy Bowen
And Rossco, goes without saying, apart from always having time to chat, the no nonsense approach about the wines, not taking themselves too seriously, Bowen has the best pricing structure in Australia.
Nothing comes close for VFM .
I'll be making the annual pilgrimage later this year, I hope that they will be ok and I'm sure many a glass will be raised.
Cheers Craig
Tomorrow will be a good day

mjs

Post by mjs »

A memorial service will be held for Joy Bowen at 11:30am Monday at Parker Estate in the Coonawarra. No doubt it will be well attended.
veni, vidi, bibi
also on twitter @m_j_short
and instagram m_j_short