Sale of Accolade Wines

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Mark SC

Re: Sale of Accolade Wines

Post by Mark SC »

WAwineguy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:53 pm I was able to join without being a staff member (or being referred) and bought 3 bottles of St Hallett 2018 Old Block Shiraz at a ridiculously low price!
Keep seeing similar posts - I"ve been a member of Cellarone for years, but when I log in the best prices I see are St Hallett Old Block at $75, Blackwell at $31, Petaluma Riesling at $24, etc :(

phillisc

Post by phillisc »

Yes there are four levels according to spend, and in most instances little difference in price.
But occasionally, there is a sale or they throw you a $50 voucher.
I am waiting for a few 2021s to come, might set up a few accounts to get a few more dollars off, for a single purchase.

I am hopeful that there may a firesale, race to the bottom and all that :wink: :wink:

Cheers Craig
Tomorrow will be a good day

JamieAdelaide

Post by JamieAdelaide »

Trouble I have with their portfolio is the illusion of the Label. Old Block isn’t Old Block anymore. St Henri another that comes to mind. IDK. Just hard to get excited about their wines which are so heavily marketed.

Eating out again in Southern California not an Aussie to be seen on the wine list. Very sad.

phillisc

Post by phillisc »

JamieAdelaide wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:06 pm Trouble I have with their portfolio is the illusion of the Label. Old Block isn’t Old Block anymore. St Henri another that comes to mind. IDK. Just hard to get excited about their wines which are so heavily marketed.

Eating out again in Southern California not an Aussie to be seen on the wine list. Very sad.
Agree with you on the portfolio...Petaluma and Katnook are the only two of interest. Last Old Block I purchased was 1986, from Eddie Smith's Wellington Cellars, North Adelaide. $132 for a dozen, now there's a blast from the past :shock: :shock:

Cheers Craig
Tomorrow will be a good day

cuttlefish

Post by cuttlefish »

Hardy's are a feature when I look at the Accolade portfolio. Some wonderful heritage there, and some still quite good wines sold. Their Thomas Hardy Cabernet can be particularly good, and older vintages of VP definitely worth chasing.
Smack my [insert grape type here] up !