TN: Ercolani Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano Riserva 2016

Italy, Italian Wine, Italian Food, Travel to and within Italy ... all things Italian
Waiters Friend

TN: Ercolani Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano Riserva 2016

Post by Waiters Friend »

G'day

I first came across this producer when visiting Montepulciano in 2019. Ercolani operates a retail outlet which includes a tour of their historical underground winemaking facility (in reality, the bulk of their production is made elsewhere). Then, I was buying the 2013 and 2014 vintage reds; however, I have purchased subsequent vintages direct from the winery. 2016 was a pretty good year in Montepulciano, as was 2015.

Red / crimson in colour. Complex nose of dark cherries, dried herbs (rosemary, oregano), coffee grounds, leather and mulberries. The palate is only just medium weight and has juicy cherry and berry fruits, a little more leather, some mocha and more dried herbs. Tannins are integrating nicely, and acid is keeping the wine fresh. Medium length and a velvety texture.

I don't have enough experience to predict a lifespan for this wine, but it should go another 3-5 years without too many dramas.

Cheers
Allan
Ercolani.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.