TN: Myattsfield Joseph Myatt Reserve 2018

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Waiters Friend

TN: Myattsfield Joseph Myatt Reserve 2018

Post by Waiters Friend »

G'day

The only note I have posted on this wine was as part of a vertical tasting of Joseph Myatt Reserves conducted in mid-2021. https://forum.auswine.club/viewtopic.php?p=1 ... tt#p164989. The tasting note for the 2018 at the time was:

2018 Joseph Myatt Reserve: Cabernet Sauvignon 70%, Shiraz 16% Cabernet Franc 11% Petit Verdot 2%, 18 months in new French and American oak hogsheads, 14.8% alc. 2018 was a top vintage in WA, and this shows in the wine. Bright juicy blackberries, blue and red fruits sit alongside coffee and mocha on the nose. The intense fruit floats across the tongue, with vanilla, and drying tannins. Long finish. Superbly balanced and shows the promise of things to come.

Now it's early 2024, and there are signs of development. If anything, the fruits and coffee/mocha have become more concentrated, both on the nose and on the palate. These flavours now coat the tongue, and tannins are integrating further. The finish remains very long and full, and the wine retains excellent balance and presence. Many years ahead of it, and I am glad I still have most of a dozen in the cellar.

Cheers
Allan
JM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.