Bordeaux Trip

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Matt

Bordeaux Trip

Post by Matt »

Hi
I’m looking for recommendations for a private guide when I’m in France in Feb. Also how hard is it to get a visit into the big name wineries? Cost?

Grateful for any suggestions. Don’t mind paying a bit more for a great experience. All the same I’m happy to go to some not so big names if the wines are good and the families are welcoming. Even a small group tour.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Matt

asajoseph

Re: Bordeaux Trip

Post by asajoseph »

Can't recommend anyone to guide a tour, but in my experience getting into the Chateaux is relatively straightforward if you book in advance. Most have instructions on their website - some will have contact forms, some booking forms, and some will just need you to send an email.

Also chateaux can offer a variety of options - some will just do a straight tour & tasting, others will have other options.

We had a nice tasting at Chateaux Pedesclaux a few months ago, which was excellent - not the most famous classified growth, but they've spent an absolute fortune on the chateau and the wine, which makes it well worth visiting. We followed with lunch at Cafe Lavinal in Pauillac, which I would also recommend.

mychurch

Post by mychurch »

Check on wine-pages.com. A few of the regulars live out there and may be able to arrange.
This is my church, this is where I heal my hurts.
For tonight, God is the Auswine Wine Forum

daver6

Post by daver6 »

We used https://www.bordeauxwithelodie.com/en/home/ in 2016. She tailored a tour to St Emillion around our requirements with a pick-up/drop-off in the city of Boreaux. Communication prior to the trip was easy.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Great thx all.