Whicher Ridge 'Elevation' Cabernet Sauvignon

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Waiters Friend

Whicher Ridge 'Elevation' Cabernet Sauvignon

Post by Waiters Friend »

I've had several of these over the years, with the most recent tasting being with a group of us in 2021. Here's the note from then:

Whicher Ridge (Geographe): Deep purple in colour. Lots of dark berries, vanilla, tobacco, coffee / mocha, in a rich combination. The palate follows through from the nose, along with red and dark fruits, good supporting acid, and integrated but grippy tannins. Excellent balance and length.

There's not been a lot of development in the intervening two years. The blackberries and dark fruits are juicy, and still dominant (maybe more dominant than before?) and the oak-derived characters have integrated to the point of playing supporting roles only. There's still plenty of acid to provide freshness, and tannins are modestly grippy. The wine still finishes long, but this isn't the major impression - it's almost thirst-slaking, and too easy to quaff.

Not likely to improve (at 11 years of age) but I am glad I held onto a couple more bottles. One to go, in the next year or so.

Cheers
Allan
WR 12.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.