Langton's new web site

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
felixp21

Langton's new web site

Post by felixp21 »

LOL.
I think that is all that needs to be said.

cuttlefish

Re: Langton's new web site

Post by cuttlefish »

He, he, yeah...I'm not sure what to make of it yet. I tried doing some searching functions earlier today and ended up about 50/50 on whether that was actually working.
Time will tell...
Smack my [insert grape type here] up !

GraemeG

Post by GraemeG »

The world is addicted to getting as much white space as they can onto websites, for a 'clean, uncluttered' look.
I don't suppose it's easy trying to manage phones, tablets, laptops, big screens.
But it usually seems that for every step forward there is a step back somewhere else.

And, of course, the general endless dumbing down of pretty much everything continues apace!

GraemeG

Post by GraemeG »

Yikes - is that it?
12 auction lots displayed on a page before you have to hit "Load More"? Click, click, click...
No more option to download a pdf catalogue?
Can't filter search results to auction only?

They're essentially making casual browsing impossible.
Took them forever to fix these issues when they designed the previous website.
And now they've done it again.
New bunch of 19-year-olds at work, I suppose.

Bobthebuilder

Post by Bobthebuilder »

Complete disaster
Takes forever to compile a watchlist, then once you go to your watchlist you cant even click on the bottle to get details and a decent sized photo.
Half bottles only show as half bottles when you click on the wine when your browsing but show as just "bottle" once its in your watch list. So you could quite easily think you are bidding on a 750ml when your bidding on 375ml! And once they are in your watchlist you don't get any details on ullage, capsule damage or even if its cork or screwcap, and given you only have a really small photo to look at its not even clear what it is alot of the time.
What a shmozzle.

cuttlefish

Post by cuttlefish »

Yeah, I found I could no longer click to enlarge pictures of lots that had gone into my "second chance" category, so I couldn't make a visual inspection of the quality of the lot to know whether it was a lot I wanted to purchase. Surely they're going to make improvements over time.
Smack my [insert grape type here] up !