TN: Camiliano Giubba Syrah 2019

Italy, Italian Wine, Italian Food, Travel to and within Italy ... all things Italian
Waiters Friend

TN: Camiliano Giubba Syrah 2019

Post by Waiters Friend »

Given 2019 was an excellent year for Tuscan reds, I am finding surprisingly few of them on restaurant menus here in Tuscany. My partner loves Shiraz, so, as this was the only 2019 on the wine list, we ordered it. 100% Syrah. 100% Lucca hilla.

Purple black in the glass, and densely coloured. Intense dark cherry aroma with earthiness, and some plums stewed in wine / liquor. A textural palate, almost chewy tannins, and sufficient acid to counter protein. My Australian palate did not correlate with Shiraz at all, more like a Sangiovese, but nevertheless a reasonably long and satisfying version of the variety.

Cheers
Allan
Giubba 2019 front.jpg
Giubba 2019 rear.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.

Ian S

Re: TN: Camiliano Giubba Syrah 2019

Post by Ian S »

If you ever see Isole e Olena's 'Collezione di Marchi' syrah (also called Eremo from memory), then I'd heartily recommend it. Not cheap, but similarly has an Italian identity, not merely a syrah/shiraz from anywhere. Also seems resilient in weaker vintages.

Likewise, thanks for posting this, one I'll try myself if I see it.