Top Canberra restaurants which do BYO?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
JamieAdelaide

Re: Top Canberra restaurants which do BYO?

Post by JamieAdelaide »

I’m spending a lot of time in CBR so thanks Rooman. Will try this!

rooman

Post by rooman »

JamieAdelaide wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:09 am I’m spending a lot of time in CBR so thanks Rooman. Will try this!
I just loved how eccentric the whole experience was. Clearly the owner loves cooking but I suspect just can’t fund himself into a proper restaurant of his own so he cooks for locals in his little cafe each night.

JamieAdelaide

Post by JamieAdelaide »

Booked in for next week thanks! What ways the cost? Before I invite cost-sensitive work colleagues!

TravisW

Post by TravisW »

How did your meal go Jamie?

JamieAdelaide

Post by JamieAdelaide »

Hey Travis sorry late reply. It was quite a hike and an underwhelming suburban shopping centre. Food was OK and BYO was a good option though glassware modest.

To be honest I’ve struggled repatriating to Australia with lack of BYO and profiteering off wine lists. Headed off abroad again preferring global choices.

mjs

Post by mjs »

JamieAdelaide wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:14 am To be honest I’ve struggled repatriating to Australia with lack of BYO and profiteering off wine lists. Headed off abroad again preferring global choices.
I've been back in Adelaide for 2 1/2 yrs now and am still pi$$ed off by exorbitant byo charges for no real service. $30/b, average glassware and sloppy wine service doesn't cut it with me. If I compare to Melbourne, say Scopri, Matteo's or Paris Go, maybe $20-$25, but excellent glassware and care with the wines, no comparison.

Only solution tonight while better half is in Melbourne for the weekend, beautiful wagyu eye fillet from Windsor Meats on Duthy St, excellent red at home, zero corkage apparently :lol: :lol:
veni, vidi, bibi
also on twitter @m_j_short
and instagram m_j_short