Kitchener Wine Fridges

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Hacker

Kitchener Wine Fridges

Post by Hacker »

Hi guys, about 6 years ago I bought a Kitchener wine fridge and it has stopped producing cold air. I seem to recall in the intervening period that Kitchener either closed down or were not taking ownership. Can anyone shed any light on whether Kitchener still has a pulse?
Imugene, cure for cancer.

ticklenow1

Re: Kitchener Wine Fridges

Post by ticklenow1 »

Flatlined….out of business
If you had to choose between drinking great wine or winning Lotto, which would you choose - Red or White?

kaos

Post by kaos »

I've got one of these and the only issue I experienced in the 20 odd years I used it was the fan motor went. They are useless without them. I just got a regular electrician in and they sourced a suitable motor. The peltier cells are supposed to last some huge number of hours and there are many of them so they shouldn't go on you...

Hacker

Post by Hacker »

Rather than repair or buy a new wine fridge I got the room air conditioned for $2,500 and the broken fridge is being used as shelving with the door wide open. So now there is much more cool space and - with Mrs. Hackers approval - I can fill up more room with wine. I'm a genius!

michel

Post by michel »

Hacker wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:44 pm Rather than repair or buy a new wine fridge I got the room air conditioned for $2,500 and the broken fridge is being used as shelving with the door wide open. So now there is much more cool space and - with Mrs. Hackers approval - I can fill up more room with wine. I'm a genius!
What temperature are you at?
Do you have water in the room for humidity?
TIA
:D
International Chambertin Day 16th May

Hacker

Post by Hacker »

michel wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:02 am
What temperature are you at?
Do you have water in the room for humidity?
TIA
:D
Thanks for your interest Michel.
The temp at present is 16 degrees which is more than enough for me at my age. All the bottles that are now in my store room have been lovingly looked after at a range from 13-15 degrees. I just want to protect this stash from 20 degrees ++. When the ambiant temp in the room drops to 16 I will shut off the aircon. That usually occurs around April/May. I have a humidity reader and it hovers around 60% but I don't have too many cork bottles as I once did.
Cheers.