TN: Moorooduc Estate Pinot Noir 2013

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Waiters Friend

TN: Moorooduc Estate Pinot Noir 2013

Post by Waiters Friend »

This was purchased from cellar door in late 2016, and I can't believe I haven't opened one until now. This is the 'base' model from purchased fruit around the Mornington Peninsula.

Bright ruby in colour. Vibrant nose of red cherries and strawberries, and hints of oak or spice. The palate is more open, with the fruit cascading past grippy but fine grained tannins, and supported by reasonable acid. Good length, although not in the 'fantail' style.

This is a conundrum - I'm quite enjoying this, but the tasting notes (being an analysis) aren't doing it justice. I need to get better at this :(

Cheers
Allan
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.

Waiters Friend

Re: TN: Moorooduc Estate Pinot Noir 2013

Post by Waiters Friend »

My final bottle of this wine. The colour has lightened somewhat. The nose still has the cherry and strawberry fruit on the nose, but the spicy and savoury elements are coming a close second. A reasonably full palate, in terms of flavour and mouthfeel, with freshening acid and drying tannins alongside the fruit flavours. Good length, with all elements in balance.

Not likely to improve, andI would recommend drinking any bottles you may have, quite soon.

Cheers
Allan
Wine, women and song. Ideally, you can experience all three at once.