Brisbane Professional Cellaring Options?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
JamieBahrain

Brisbane Professional Cellaring Options?

Post by JamieBahrain »

My sister needs to move a thousand bottles into professional storage. I said I'd help her organise this so just wondering who forumites use for storage? I'm familiar with Kennards in ADL. How are they in BNE? I know they once flooded- dodged a bullet there as I was considering BNE for my collection.

What about transporting from the 'burbs to the cellar facility? Anyone trustworthy?
"Barolo is Barolo, you can't describe it, just as you can't describe Picasso"

Teobaldo Cappellano

kenzo

Re: Brisbane Professional Cellaring Options?

Post by kenzo »

I've had my wines at Wineaway (Bowen Hills) for around 20 years and have found them great. www.wineaway.com.au
They also hold tastings and the occasional wine sale, and all of your wines can be viewed in an online database. When I purchase from retailers or wineries online I just have the wines delivered there and they handle them in and enter them into the database.

JamieBahrain

Post by JamieBahrain »

cheers Kenzo. I'll take a look.
"Barolo is Barolo, you can't describe it, just as you can't describe Picasso"

Teobaldo Cappellano

Willard

Post by Willard »

Hi Jamie,

I keep mine at Kennards at Newstead, and I'm happy with it there, though the price has been creeping up steadily, they often have better pricing for new business. It was the Milton location that flooded I'm fairly sure.

A mate has used Wineaway - good for him to have managed storage as he's OS for a while, and he's got no complaints.

Sorry no suggestions on local transport.

Will
wills.wines

tuxy85

Post by tuxy85 »

I have been using WineArk at Newstead. I am happy with the service and for my relatively small collection the price is right.

rens

Post by rens »

Mine are all at National Storage Bowen Hills. It's a pretty big cellar and there are a number of large wine units available last time I was there 2 weeks ago. 24 hr access etc.
never underestimate the predictability of stupidity