Has anyone drunk the 2010 St Henri lately?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Mahmoud Ali

Re: Has anyone drunk the 2010 St Henri lately?

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

Redav wrote:
Mahmoud Ali wrote:and if you're a member it drops down to A$190.
Yes, and I can get a further 5% but that's still a lot of money and would be the most expensive bottle I'd have bought but a long way and I'm not convinced I would enjoy it over the Mt Edelstone of the same vintage that we still have.
n4sir wrote:If someone wants to shell out $200 a bottle for it, good luck to them.
And I completely understand that. I think I have cured the rash :lol:
I agree, it is a lot of money, and far too much in my opinion and not worth it. I'm glad you have pulled back from the abyss.

By the way, the most I've ever spent was C$135 for a Krug Rose, and that was only last year!

ticklenow1

Post by ticklenow1 »

phillisc wrote:
Redav wrote:
Mahmoud Ali wrote:and if you're a member it drops down to A$190.
Yes, and I can get a further 5% but that's still a lot of money and would be the most expensive bottle I'd have bought but a long way and I'm not convinced I would enjoy it over the Mt Edelstone of the same vintage that we still have.
n4sir wrote:If someone wants to shell out $200 a bottle for it, good luck to them.
And I completely understand that. I think I have cured the rash :lol:
I get a sense now in my mid 50s, that this is all proportional in terms of what a wine cost, what it did cost, what one did earn and what one now earns....perhaps I am just a slow learner or needed to pick a career that paid much more :shock:
If I think about Mt Ed, brought lots of 84-94 as proportionally I could afford it, but with a 15 fold increase, vs. wages of about a 2-3 fold increase there is the problem. With St Henri, it was expensive to begin with, 02-04 $60+ but hasn't gone berserk (well the RRP might have, but if you know where to look :wink: ), I paid $74 for the '16, which will be about 1/3-1/4 what the '16 Mt Ed will be. If I can get the '18 St Henri under $100 it may be in play. The '18 Mt Ed will be closer to $300...hope those who are in that game enjoy the chase.

Cheers Craig
Makes the $105 for the Standish Lamella look pretty good....

Cheers
Ian
If you had to choose between drinking great wine or winning Lotto, which would you choose - Red or White?

Redav

Post by Redav »

Mahmoud Ali wrote:. I'm glad you have pulled back from the abyss.
Thanks, yeah, that could could actually by several other very good wines giving multiple sittings and enjoyment for different reasons.

Funnily enough, I picked up a 2010 Cirillo 1850 Ancestor Vine Grenache last night which we've never had but had been told was where the grapes went from Rockford's original Dry Country Grenache. We'll share it with friends at an anniv dinner for us so we're looking forward to trying it. I had picked up a 2013 the weekend before to try and it seems to get a good wrap in CT so I was keen on trying it. I could get three of them with change instead of one SH.

sjw_11
Site Admin

Post by sjw_11 »

Mahmoud Ali wrote:
By the way, the most I've ever spent was C$135 for a Krug Rose, and that was only last year!
Which you have to say is a bloomin' good deal by any one's measure!
------------------------------------
Sam

Mahmoud Ali

Post by Mahmoud Ali »

sjw_11 wrote:
Mahmoud Ali wrote:
Which you have to say is a bloomin' good deal by any one's measure!
Indeed, and this followed an in-store tasting a few weeks earlier where customers were offered a 10% on any bottle bought that night. If I recall the sticker price was close to C$400. When I saw the sale price I had to adjust my glasses.