Perth Offline

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Davo

Perth Offline

Post by Davo »

Any of you plonkers, er I mean wine lovers, from WA interested in an Offline on the 14th or 15th of January (Friday or Saturday) to welcome Muscat Mike to Perth.

He reckons he is bringing something special, probably a bottle of Hunter Burgundy :lol:

Muscat Mike

Re: Perth Offline

Post by Muscat Mike »

Davo wrote:He reckons he is bringing something special, probably a bottle of Hunter Burgundy :lol:

Davo go easy maaaaaaaate. I am not GW.
MM.

cranky

Post by cranky »

Mark me down as interested, but will have to confirm closer to the date depending on She Who MUST Be Obeyed. :shock:
I have a friend who has been known to refer to other's wives as "The Handbrake", but I would never be that mean. :D

Should I keep an eye out for a good muscat then? Perhaps a Muscat and Dessert theme? :? :wink:

Justin B.

Post by Justin B. »

Sounds good Davo. I should be around.
Justin B.

Muscat Mike

Post by Muscat Mike »

cranky wrote:Should I keep an eye out for a good muscat then? Perhaps a Muscat and Dessert theme? :? :wink:

I'd leave your eye "in" 'cause you might not see the Muscat. I will bring a good one plus a couple of good reds from the 91 vintage.
Mike.

Justin B.

Post by Justin B. »

I will locate a 91 also then. Anyone else want to bring along a 91 red (or white for that matter)?
Justin B.

brad

Post by brad »

Mike - I'm attending a wedding that weekend so it's not possible, but hope the night is a goody, and whatever happens, Davo will always lead you astray in the nicest possible way.

cheers, brad
And gladys save a place for me
On your grapevine
Till i get my own tv show

Davo

Post by Davo »

Justin B. wrote:I will locate a 91 also then. Anyone else want to bring along a 91 red (or white for that matter)?

I just happen to have a 91 whitey

cranky

Post by cranky »

If it is going to have a 91 theme, i will have to save the only one i have - a Seppelt "Milennium Release" FRS (to borrow an abbreviation i have just learned and like already). It was to be drunk at New Years, but i guess i can open either a 96 Yalumba D Black, or a 90 Seppelt Show Reserve... 8)

I was thinking of a couple of 95's I have which are begging to be opened... hmmmmm, forward planning! :roll: :wink:

How far astray are we looking at? :shock: As far as drinking too much and enjoying ourselves? :D Definitely nice!

TORB

Post by TORB »

cranky wrote:i will have to save the only one i have - a Seppelt "Milennium Release" FRS (to borrow an abbreviation i have just learned and like already).

Glad you are paying attention is class Cranky. :wink: Watch out for that Davo fellow when a "wise man from the East arrives" (like Mike) cause Davo will be leading you astray big time! Take a back up liver to the off line.
Cheers
Ric
TORBWine

Mark G

Post by Mark G »

Can't make it unfortunately due to work commitments, but I hope it all goes well. Remind Davo to behave......

Cheers

Mark G
"When a true genius appears ... the dunces are all in confederacy against him" - Ignatius Reilly

Duncan

Post by Duncan »

91! I wasn't even in Oz then, so it'll have to be a more recent vintage for me. But should be able to attend.

Cheers, Duncan

Davo

Post by Davo »

Guys, I need numbers and a preference for Friday the 14th or Saturday 16th.

Venue possibly "Romany" but am open to suggestions.

Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I guess you mean Sat 15th. That's our preference, but doesn't matter too much. Never heard of Romany, but we don't care about the food - we'll be bringing that :-)

Cheers, Duncan

cranky

Post by cranky »

That would be the landmark classis Italian place on William St, Northbridge, right?

Saturday would suit me better, but I may not be able to come along. My "better half" is having generic fears of me meeting weird strangers from internet chat rooms.... :oops: :roll:
If I am allowed out, is it BYO fine Chianti, hockey mask and axe?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Muscat Mike

Post by Muscat Mike »

cranky wrote:My "better half" is having generic fears of me meeting weird strangers from internet chat rooms.... :oops: :roll:
If I am allowed out, is it BYO fine Chianti, hockey mask and axe?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I have given up wearing hockey masks and carrying axes. After a few wines I turn green and get quite large and, to pinch your name, cranky. Can't work out why it happens.
MM. (aka The Hulk.)

Peter H

Post by Peter H »

Count me in, might not be able to muster a '91, but I'm sure that I can find something close.

Regards,

Peter.

cranky

Post by cranky »

...and the magic word for today is &^%$# :!:

The lovely Mrs cranky forgot when this "potential" dinner was and organised a night out with her father! AFTER i had sent a note to a few drinking buddies to see if I could get some backup in case Dr Davo "Yes you do need a spare liver to go with my Fava beans" Lecter and Mike "The Cantankerous Hulk" Muscat and friends decided that I looked tastier than the lasagna. :shock: :roll: :wink:

None my buddies could make it either, by the way.

Of well, I guess that I can save that 1997 Isole e Olena Chianti Classico for another time... it probably will appreciate a bit more aging.

I will still get to drink too much with my father-in-law, though! :D

Have a great time!!

Cheers

Davo

Post by Davo »

Now I am getting cranky, Cranky.

Guys, we are booked for "Romany" (that is Romany and not Romano's which is a dead beat nightclub) Saturday the 15th of January, 7:00 pm. It is at the Horseshoe Bridge end of William Street in Northbridge.

See you there.

Justin B.

Post by Justin B. »

Davo

I'll be there with one friend. So thats 2 places for me thanks. see you there.
Justin B.