Looking for tasting notes on Moss Wood Cab 2015

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
FredericoWines

Looking for tasting notes on Moss Wood Cab 2015

Post by FredericoWines »

Any one, please? :D

Hacker

Re: Looking for tasting notes on Moss Wood Cab 2015

Post by Hacker »

Check CellarTracker. A few tn’s there
Imugene, cure for cancer.

Ozzie W

Post by Ozzie W »

CellarTracker notes here - [url]https://www.cellartracker.com/notes.asp?iWine=2552490[/url]

From the Moss Wood website:
TASTING NOTES
Colour and condition:
Deep, brick red, in bright condition.

Nose:
Initially there is a real impact of bright, fresh fruit aromas, dominated by the black fruits like blackberry and cherry, something we normally associate with Cabernet Franc, plus, of course, blueberry, red currant and the perfumed notes of violets. There are soft oak notes in the background that combine with some tobacco and tarry notes that Cabernet Sauvignon builds with long term barrel age.

Palate:
This theme of lively fruit notes continues on the palate, where the generosity of the red and black fruit provides fleshy mouthfeel. This layer of red currant and blackberry flavours balances what is for Moss Wood Cabernet Sauvignon, quite a firm structure, with bright acidity and firm tannin. On the finish there is just a suggestion of toasty oak, tar and leather, giving the wine good length and persistence.
If you're a subscriber, there's also a review and discussion over at The Wine Front.

mjs

Post by mjs »

Might pay me to get some notes, but it's bit late, i bought a six pack last week

Also had a very enjoyable '91 last night
veni, vidi, bibi
also on twitter @m_j_short
and instagram m_j_short

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

mjs wrote:Might pay me to get some notes, but it's bit late, i bought a six pack last week

Also had a very enjoyable '91 last night
Been buying the Moss wood CS for past 10 years. Advise is not to touch them until 10-15 years age minimum.

FredericoWines

Post by FredericoWines »

Thank you all. I bought 2 bottles of '13 and haven't touched them yet. Wonder if I like the style. What do I expect for '15?

TiggerK

Post by TiggerK »

FredericoWines wrote:Thank you all. I bought 2 bottles of '13 and haven't touched them yet. Wonder if I like the style. What do I expect for '15?
I'd expect it's best to leave them alone for at least 10-15 years, as Rocky said (I'd say 15-20). Good wines but to see them at their best, much patience is required. You can always try one young (decant!) to see if you like the overall balance/fruit profile, but it's a bit of a waste in my opinion.

FredericoWines

Post by FredericoWines »

TiggerK wrote:
FredericoWines wrote:Thank you all. I bought 2 bottles of '13 and haven't touched them yet. Wonder if I like the style. What do I expect for '15?
I'd expect it's best to leave them alone for at least 10-15 years, as Rocky said (I'd say 15-20). Good wines but to see them at their best, much patience is required. You can always try one young (decant!) to see if you like the overall balance/fruit profile, but it's a bit of a waste in my opinion.
20 years of patience? Afriad that I might not live that long to wait :?

Bytown Rick

Post by Bytown Rick »

FredericoWines wrote:
TiggerK wrote:
20 years of patience? Afriad that I might not live that long to wait :?
Which is why once you reach a certain age, your purchasing strategy shifts from current releases to a combination of back-filling of older vintages through auction and other sources, plus daily drinkers. At my age, new releases of wines that won't be in my preferred drinking zone for more than a decade or two are not high on my buy list :wink: .