Freycinet refuses to replace "corked wine"!!!!!

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
michel

Post by michel »

Geoffrey Bull contacted me just now and said he will replace or refund monies upon receipt of the bottle - he declined to put this is writing.
He said " our policy is to replace any wine the customer is not happy with"
He declined to discuss the issue of TCA. Anyone else with a problem should contact Geoffrey Bull .
more details (sorry Gavin) on StarForum.
talk soon as my wife is calling me for dinner
michel
International Chambertin Day 16th May

michel

Post by michel »

Geoffrey Bull contacted me just now and said he will replace or refund monies upon receipt of the bottle - he declined to put this is writing.
He said " our policy is to replace any wine the customer is not happy with"
He declined to discuss the issue of TCA. Anyone else with a problem should contact Geoffrey Bull .
more details (sorry Gavin) on StarForum.
talk soon as my wife is calling me for dinner
michel

TORB

Post by TORB »

michel wrote:Geoffrey Bull contacted me just now and said he will replace or refund monies upon receipt of the bottle - he declined to put this is writing.

Michel,

It is up to the winery to arrange pick up of the wine at thier cost, dont be suckered in having to pay the freight.
Cheers
Ric
TORBWine

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

What is the point in spending your good money, buying the bottle, finding out it is faulty and then have the producer refuse to replace it?

I was at the offline with Peter P and it was a pretty bad bottle, flat dull and thin. Very unlike the rave reviews that it has recieved.

I think the winery has to come clean and be honest. At the moment who know if they [/b]do or do not replace corked bottles. I don't.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Anthony
Good wine ruins the purse; bad wine ruins the stomach
Spanish saying

Murray

Post by Murray »

Murray wrote:You are entitled to a replacement bottle sent to you to replace the faulty, tainted, bottle you experienced, or refund of the fair value of the product. That's it. .

Michel,

As I said to you last Saturday at 11:39am (board time), you are entitled to a replacement bottle and that's what you're getting. If they want the tainted bottle returned, as is their right, they pay shipping as they are willing to do.

As such you have achieved the outcome you wanted.

Why it took six days; four Brisbane-Tasmania phone calls, multiple emails, a fax; lengthy threads on two Australian, and one worldwide, websites and citing of straightforward provisions of the Trade Practices Act to achieve this outcome is completely beyond me....

...and a large number of wineries and industry people I've spoken to over the past little while completely agree.

Enjoy your remaining bottles of 1998 Freycinet Pinot Noir; from the Tasting Notes I've read it's a premium wine.

Murray
Murray Almond

michel

Post by michel »

Mr Geoffrey Bull rang at 10 am this am to say he has posted a replacement and cheque for postage and packing.
I emphasised my disdain for the vinyeyards slow response.

alls well that ends well
Lets get back to applauding good service.

michel

Justin B.

Replacement

Post by Justin B. »

I dread to think what will happen if the replacement bottle is corked.......

Justin
Justin B.

TORB

Re: Replacement

Post by TORB »

Justin B. wrote:I dread to think what will happen if the replacement bottle is corked.......

Justin

:? Oooohhhh you are a bad man Justin! 8)
Cheers
Ric
TORBWine