OZ wine in London

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
guest_Anders

OZ wine in London

Post by guest_Anders »

Hi,

I am going over to London for a weekend and I was wondering if anyone out there know any good wine retailers that stock quality Asutralian wine. The selection at the Swedish monopol is good (very good sometimes), but there is a limited number of wines on offer. After living in Australia for 15 years, I miss wines like Jasper Hill (Emily's and Georgia's), Rockford Black Shiraz just to mention a few.

Hope there's someone out there that can help me.

Kind regards,

/Anders

Phil Shorten

Oz wine in London

Post by Phil Shorten »

Anders

I can recommend two good places for Australian wine - either Philglas + Swiggot in Battersea and Richmond - very good selection of boutique Aussies. Alternately, jump on a train up to Cambridge and visit Noel Young Wines - super selection.

Cheers
Phil

Gavin Trott

Re: Oz wine in London

Post by Gavin Trott »

Phil Shorten wrote:Anders

I can recommend two good places for Australian wine - either Philglas + Swiggot in Battersea and Richmond - very good selection of boutique Aussies. Alternately, jump on a train up to Cambridge and visit Noel Young Wines - super selection.

Cheers
Phil

Pop up and see Noel, good selection, he knows his stuff, and , he's a forum (ir) regular!! :wink:
regards

Gavin Trott

guest_anders

Post by guest_anders »

Thank you to both Phil and Gavin. Looks like I'll go to Cambridge as well. Any more suggestions? I think my friend is living in Kensington, and was wondering if there's anything around there.

Kind regards,

Anders

Phil Shorten

Oz wines in London

Post by Phil Shorten »

Anders

The two retailers I mentioned have by far the best listings of Australian Wines in the UK - Noel Young Wines actually got the IWC gong for best Australian list this year - perhaps your mate might want to check out their websites - I know Noel certainly delivers to London for telephone orders.

Cheers
Phil

guest_anders

Post by guest_anders »

Thanks Phil,

I have checked out Noel's website and you're right, there are quite a few interesting wines on that list. I think I will call him tonight and place an order.

Regards,

Anders

cranky

Mmmm, London.

Post by cranky »

Hi
Definitely agree on Philglass & Swiggot Battersea (just around the corner from Clapham Junction). They have quite a few aged wines, as well as new releases, and their price on Cullens was very competitive.
Also in that area, the place across the road specializes in Italian, but also has some good aussies, and the Oddbins at the station has a few decent drops too (last xmas, managed to score one of the 2 remaining Seppelts Original sparkling shiraz 98 that one of the staff had hidden away, it made quite an impression on our hosts for xmas lunch!).
Happy shopping!