Perth: Coonawarra Annual Roadshow

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
KevinT

Perth: Coonawarra Annual Roadshow

Post by KevinT »

Anyone heading to the Coonawarra Annual Roadshow being held in the Hyatt this evening?

From 5:30 - 8:30 pm. $25 per person. Casual Format. 18 producers from Coonawarra will be showcasing their current release and some barrel samples.

Should be interesting.
"............ anything, as long as it's red"

Kevin

Gavin Trott

Re: Perth: Coonawarra Annual Roadshow

Post by Gavin Trott »

KevinT wrote:Anyone heading to the Coonawarra Annual Roadshow being held in the Hyatt this evening?

From 5:30 - 8:30 pm. $25 per person. Casual Format. 18 producers from Coonawarra will be showcasing their current release and some barrel samples.

Should be interesting.

Nope

Had fun and went last night.

Some great super premiums, and two smaller labels worth checking our Ladbroke Grove and Flints of Coonawarra.
regards

Gavin Trott

PaulSheldon

Post by PaulSheldon »

Kevin

Yep I will definitely be there.
Paul

KevinT

Post by KevinT »

Might see you down there 8)
"............ anything, as long as it's red"

Kevin

PaulSheldon

Re: Perth: Coonawarra Annual Roadshow

Post by PaulSheldon »

Kevin, probably did see you, but I wouldn't have known :)

Gavin, I love living in Perth, except it is occasionally annoying when you miss out, like missing out on both Ladbroke and Flints that you recommended, presumably both of which decided it was too much bother to cross the Nullabor. Same goes for Belnaves, Bank's Thargo, DiGiorgio, Highbank (one of my fav Cabernets), Hollick, Jim Barry, Orlando, Patrick T, Penley Estate, Petaluma (cannot believe they weren't there at a Coonawarra show), Punters Corner and Stonehaven. All of these were in the very nice looking booklet we got so presumably were in the show elsewhere, but were conspicuous in their absence.

Having said that it was actually a very enjoyable evening, well organised and the wines were well presented. Tasting notes posted in another thread.
Paul