Wendouree Mailer

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Pej

Re: Wendouree Mailer

Post by Pej »

Credit card finally got billed today. $423.50 has me a little confused but it sounds like a mixed 6 pack with a couple of the $55 bottles in there. Not sure where the 50c came from but it would seem I did alright for my first year.

calm

Post by calm »

no soup for me yet............. :-(
Craig S

Fog

Post by Fog »

Pej - check postage for your state. This would be the likely cause of the odd number
Calm - Best way is to just to call them. They are extremely helpful and when I spoke to them around early August they mentioned they still expected to have some wines available. I only got my full order last week

Croquet King

Post by Croquet King »

My wine turned up this morning.

I'd ordered 9 x Shiraz Mat, 9 x Cab and 6 x Shiraz
I got the Shiraz Mat and the Cab but no Shiraz. Was only my second year of ordering.

If anyone going to the Hunter offline wants to swap a Cab for a Shiraz let me know.
I appreciate all forms of alcohol, as long as its wine.

strippett

Post by strippett »

C Card charged last night, now just wait to see what i get.

TommyB

Post by TommyB »

Croquet King wrote:My wine turned up this morning.

I got the Shiraz Mat and the Cab but no Shiraz. Was only my second year of ordering.

If anyone going to the Hunter offline wants to swap a Cab for a Shiraz let me know.

NExt year, order the Malbec and Cab Malbec. I think they are pretty much the standouts of the whole suite

Hawksmoor

Post by Hawksmoor »

1st year order - requested 6x cab, 6x cab Malbec and 6x Shiraz.

Only the 6x cab malbecs made it (I guess I have to start somewhere).

qwertt

Post by qwertt »

Hawksmoor wrote:1st year order - requested 6x cab, 6x cab Malbec and 6x Shiraz.

Only the 6x cab malbecs made it (I guess I have to start somewhere).

Gary Walsh at Winefront would say you got the best wine of the three.

Ozzie W

Post by Ozzie W »

Ozzie W wrote:My credit card still hasn't been charged. My patience was wearing thin since I sent in my order form a month ago. I started worrying that my order got lost in the mail or whatnot.

Anyway, I just called up the winery and they were able to confirm they received my order form on 7 July. Was advised it will probably take a further 2 weeks before my order is processed.

Today is 2 weeks since I called them. Still no charge on my card but I'm sure it's imminent. What frustrates me the most is not knowing how much I'm going to get charged. Makes it impossible to manage my wine budget.

Scotty vino

Post by Scotty vino »

Ozzie W wrote:
Ozzie W wrote:My credit card still hasn't been charged. My patience was wearing thin since I sent in my order form a month ago. I started worrying that my order got lost in the mail or whatnot.

Anyway, I just called up the winery and they were able to confirm they received my order form on 7 July. Was advised it will probably take a further 2 weeks before my order is processed.

Today is 2 weeks since I called them. Still no charge on my card but I'm sure it's imminent. What frustrates me the most is not knowing how much I'm going to get charged. Makes it impossible to manage my wine budget.

Mate it's a win either way. You either get your full allo or you have money left over to spend elsewhere. :wink:
All good things...
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Ozzie W

Post by Ozzie W »

Scotty vino wrote:Mate it's a win either way. You either get your full allo or you have money left over to spend elsewhere. :wink:
All good things...

That's true. I mIght be able to put in a bigger Marius order. :D
But on the other hand, during the last 6 weeks I didn't purchase some wines I would have otherwise purchased, because I wasn't sure what the credit card damage was going to be on my Wendouree order. :x

strippett

Post by strippett »

Ozzie W wrote:
Scotty vino wrote:Mate it's a win either way. You either get your full allo or you have money left over to spend elsewhere. :wink:
All good things...

That's true. I mIght be able to put in a bigger Marius order. :D
But on the other hand, during the last 6 weeks I didn't purchase some wines I would have otherwise purchased, because I wasn't sure what the credit card damage was going to be on my Wendouree order. :x

Im from Melb too. Just had card debited a few days ago, so you hopefully won't have to wait much longer.

phillisc

Post by phillisc »

Hi all, think it is just amazing the level of passion many of us here have for this little but great winery.
Over the 25+year journey there are some vintages where I have ordered shiraz only and others where I have recieved 6 of everything with the view one day of doing some verticals and horizontals e.g. 90 vs. 96 vs. 98 or 08 vs. 10 vs. 12.

I can't think of any other winery that whips up such enthusiasm and anticipation.

Cheers
Craig.
Tomorrow will be a good day

mychurch

Post by mychurch »

I made the cardinal mistake of letting someone else fill in the order form for me. 3 bottles of everything was the instruction, 6 was what I thought when the CC was charged, but it turns out that 7 of all the reds were ordered (and received) and none of the stickies...Seems that my beloved decided that as allocations are often changed, she would order 7 bottles of everything, expecting them to be cut down...Thanks babe....Still, going to have a ´13 horizontal for Xmas, which should be fun.
This is my church, this is where I heal my hurts.
For tonight, God is the Auswine Wine Forum

Croquet King

Post by Croquet King »

it turns out that 7 of all the reds were ordered (and received)

Nice work and well done. Should be a smashing Xmas.
BTW - How many years have you been ordering for?

Hunter

Post by Hunter »

First year on the list and received 3x shiraz mataro 3x shiraz malbec.
Happy with that :)

WAwineguy

Post by WAwineguy »

WAwineguy wrote:
wiggum wrote:Wa wine guy - can you let us know what JO rated the 13's without the description ( ie just the scores)

Seems he's only rated the shiraz' so far:

Shiraz - 96 (2033-43)
Shiraz Malbec - 93 (2025-33)
Shiraz Mataro - 95 (2025-33)

Just noticed JO has now rated the rest:

Cabernet Sauvignon - 98 (2043-53)
Cabernet Malbec - 95 (2033-43)
Malbec - 95 (2025-2033)

At 98 points this would have to be close to his "Wine of the Year"! Last year's prize I think went to Giaconda Estate Shiraz, which he also rated at 98.

vovo

Post by vovo »

Drinking window in 30 years time. I'm only young but I'll be approaching retirement by then.

Ozzie W

Post by Ozzie W »

Hunter wrote:First year on the list and received 3x shiraz mataro 3x shiraz malbec.
Happy with that :)

What did you ask for and how many bottles?

Hunter

Post by Hunter »

6x shiraz 6x shiraz malbec
Mind you, i only sent a letter of 2 and a half weeks ago requesting to be on their mailing list and today the wines on my doorstep

wiggum

Post by wiggum »

Thanks wine guy. Thems some big scores for Cabernet.

mse

Post by mse »

Croquet King wrote:My wine turned up this morning.

Hi Croquet,

I dropped a bottle of Wendouree Cab/Sav on the floor and broke it last weekend. I called Wendouree Cellars and hope to replenish the Cab/Sav but no joy, only managed to grab some more Cab/Mal as consolation (along with some Shiraz/Mat for birthday dinner and a Muscat for colleague's gift). :cry:

Would you be keen on swapping a bottle of Cab/Sav for a bottle of Cab/Mal? I can't make it to the Hunter Offline as I will be overseas for urgent matter and will return in roughly 3 weeks time. If you are interested please let me know. That applies to any Sydney forumites too! Thank you. :)

Michael

P.S. For all those attending the Hunter Offline, I hope you have a great time and could post some nice pictures on those delicious wines. :)

livcoll

Post by livcoll »

We had a mates wine day yesterday and i took along a 1994 Wendouree Cab Malb and another mate brought along the 2013 Cab Malb to tatse against each other for interest. He had opened the 2013 the day before. Both were amazing wines and we all commented that there were so many similarities between them despite the age. Tasting the 94 was like tasting the 2013 in 20 years. The 2013 was suprisingly approachable. Both had a beautiful confectionary sweetness to compliment the tannins and the mint. Was a great way to tatse two wines.

Ozzie W

Post by Ozzie W »

My credit card finally got charged. Based on the amount it appears I'm getting exactly half the number of bottles I asked for. That's more than I was expecting for a first timer on the mailing list. I was only expecting to only get a third or quarter of what I asked for (6 of everything excluding the muscat).

Scotty vino

Post by Scotty vino »

Ozzie W wrote:My credit card finally got charged. Based on the amount it appears I'm getting exactly half the number of bottles I asked for. That's more than I was expecting for a first timer on the mailing list. I was only expecting to only get a third or quarter of what I asked for (6 of everything excluding the muscat).

That's great Ozzie. Off and running mate. More than what I got at my first attempt.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Ozzie W

Post by Ozzie W »

Scotty vino wrote:
Ozzie W wrote:My credit card finally got charged. Based on the amount it appears I'm getting exactly half the number of bottles I asked for. That's more than I was expecting for a first timer on the mailing list. I was only expecting to only get a third or quarter of what I asked for (6 of everything excluding the muscat).

That's great Ozzie. Off and running mate. More than what I got at my first attempt.

Just processed my delivery at Kennards. They sent me 6 x Shiraz Mataro, 6 x Shiraz Malbec and 6 x Cabernet Malbec. On one hand, I would have preferred a broader mix with fewer bottles of each variety, but on the other hand I feel privileged to get anything.

Next... Marius!

Croquet King

Post by Croquet King »

Ozzie W wrote:They sent me 6 x Shiraz Mataro, 6 x Shiraz Malbec and 6 x Cabernet Malbec.

Nice one Ozzie, a decent selection there.

WAwineguy

Post by WAwineguy »

Ozzie W wrote:
Scotty vino wrote:

Just processed my delivery at Kennards. They sent me 6 x Shiraz Mataro, 6 x Shiraz Malbec and 6 x Cabernet Malbec. On one hand, I would have preferred a broader mix with fewer bottles of each variety, but on the other hand I feel privileged to get anything.

Next... Marius!

Exactly what I received (apparently) - ordered 6 of everything (36 in total), allocated 6 each of the blends.

Looking forward to a red crayon next year after chatting to Kirsten today :wink:

calm

Post by calm »

Received my blends, none of the straight Malbec or Shiraz or Cab which I also ordered. I can live with that, if you get your order pulled from the bag first and get the straight wines, good luck to you.
Craig S