TN: 97 Fox Creek Reserve Shiraz

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
corcoran

TN: 97 Fox Creek Reserve Shiraz

Post by corcoran »

Ok, I should have waited for the weekly report, but I'm drinking this one right now and it is great.

The 97 has always seemed to be holding "it" in reserve. It's always been very rich, but the other bottles I've had in the past had shy aromatics. Not this one:

1997 Fox Creek Reserve Shiraz - Youthful looking purple with maybe the slightest hint of reddening. Spectacular aromatics of boysenberry, vanilla bean, blackberries and licorice. Deep, rich flavors of boysenberry, licorice, earth, blackberry and a hint of vanilla. Wonderful, minute long finish of boysenberry and earth. Rated as Excellent, almost Outstanding.

I've cellared this at 12C since purchase, and it's taken this long to really blossom. So, I think it still has a long drinking window ahead of it. Sparky Marquis made some wonderful wines at Fox Creek, but I never get the sense that he'll produce the same style of wine again. These can definitely age.
Brian

TORB

Post by TORB »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the TN. I was due to pull one out of the cellar soon to see how it was going. Now I know it will be a good'n.
Cheers
Ric
TORBWine