2010 St Henri

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
Dennisr

Re: 2010 St Henri

Post by Dennisr »

Dennisr wrote:Dan Murphy at Hornsby received 12 cases on Saturday
I picked up a case at $72 bottle

By the way they are all screw cap

Mr_Cervelo

Post by Mr_Cervelo »

I picked up a case on Friday from DM. Screwcaps FTL...

I'll get another case when cork cases come in.

dan_smee

Post by dan_smee »

Mr_Cervelo wrote:I picked up a case on Friday from DM. Screwcaps FTL...

Yeah, screw caps suck. Especially like last night when we had a pinot tasting, and one of the marquee wines that our money went to was corked. Totally worth it for the.... zero additional benefits corks have...
www.vinographic.com

Mr_Cervelo

Post by Mr_Cervelo »

dan_smee wrote:

Yeah, screw caps suck. Especially like last night when we had a pinot tasting, and one of the marquee wines that our money went to was corked. Totally worth it for the.... zero additional benefits corks have...

Coravin doesn't work with screw caps. I've got about 5 or 6 bottles on the go at any given time.

daz

Post by daz »

dan_smee wrote:

That would be TCA/TCB in the winery, likely in its barrels, not the screw-cap seal. I suggest you make the winery aware of it, if you haven't already. Hopefully, doing so may help the winery to identify the bottling batch, trace the source of the infection. Being a "marquee" winey, you shouldn't have any problem getting a replacement bottle.

Diddy

Post by Diddy »

daz wrote:
dan_smee wrote:

That would be TCA/TCB in the winery, likely in its barrels, not the screw-cap seal. I suggest you make the winery aware of it, if you haven't already. Hopefully, doing so may help the winery to identify the bottling batch, trace the source of the infection. Being a "marquee" winey, you shouldn't have any problem getting a replacement bottle.

I think there was a hint of sarcasm in Dan's post.

Boyeah

Post by Boyeah »

Bought 4 cases of the 2010 St Henri all in Screw caps, am always prefer cork to screwcap at all cost, yes from time to time there will be some issues with cork,
but screw cap is not prefect either. Will get some cork closure later, coravin is one of many another reasons that I prefer cork closure.
Cheers
Boyeah
Everyday is a bonus! Drink the best wine you can afford.

Mike Hawkins

Post by Mike Hawkins »

Boyeah wrote:. Will get some cork closure later, coravin is one of many another reasons that I prefer cork closure.
Cheers
Boyeah

Hope the bottles don't explode!

http://www.decanter.com/news/wine-news/ ... d-bottles#

Polymer

Post by Polymer »

Boyeah wrote:Bought 4 cases of the 2010 St Henri all in Screw caps, am always prefer cork to screwcap at all cost, yes from time to time there will be some issues with cork,
but screw cap is not prefect either. Will get some cork closure later, coravin is one of many another reasons that I prefer cork closure.
Cheers
Boyeah

You should see if some people here want to trade you their cork ones for your screwcap ones I'm sure some of them will do it.

IMO, the only advantage cork has is you can use a Coravin...otherwise I'd much rather not deal w/ the slight anxiety associated with opening a wine with a cork...

It could be there are some severe downsides of screwcap..but I don't think there is any data to that.

I DO wish they all moved to Lux type Screwcaps just because they're more resistant to dings and IMO, look better..but I've also heard there are issues with inconsistent tightening with those...

Boyeah

Post by Boyeah »

Mike Hawkins wrote:
Boyeah wrote:. Will get some cork closure later, coravin is one of many another reasons that I prefer cork closure.
Cheers
Boyeah

Hope the bottles don't explode!

http://www.decanter.com/news/wine-news/ ... d-bottles#

Hi Mike,
I received the email last week from Coravin, but I wouldn't too concern about it, if people does concern it can always use a bag as suggested by Coravin.
Cheers
Boyeah

Boyeah

Post by Boyeah »

Polymer wrote:
Boyeah wrote:Bought 4 cases of the 2010 St Henri all in Screw caps, am always prefer cork to screwcap at all cost, yes from time to time there will be some issues with cork,
Cheers
Boyeah

You should see if some people here want to trade you their cork ones for your screwcap ones I'm sure some of them will do it.

IMO, the only advantage cork has is you can use a Coravin...otherwise I'd much rather not deal w/ the slight anxiety associated with opening a wine with a cork...

It could be there are some severe downsides of screwcap..but I don't think there is any data to that.

I DO wish they all moved to Lux type Screwcaps just because they're more resistant to dings and IMO, look better..but I've also heard there are issues with inconsistent tightening with those...

If someone from here wants to exchange the cork to screw cap closure, am only too happy to oblige!
Cheers
Boyeah

Mr_Cervelo

Post by Mr_Cervelo »

Yeah, I'm up for a swap meet, screw cap for cork.

Lock in a BYO restaurant and I'll pop a screw cap and share a glass in appreciation.

rooman

Post by rooman »

Dan Murphys new shop in Double Bay had the St Henri on sale yesterday at $67 to promote the store opening. I have never seen a stack of wine go down like it did yesterday. I also picked up another 6 pack.

Boyeah

Post by Boyeah »

Mr_Cervelo wrote:Yeah, I'm up for a swap meet, screw cap for cork.

Lock in a BYO restaurant and I'll pop a screw cap and share a glass in appreciation.

Hi there,
Do you have cork closure to swap some of my screw cap?
Cheers Boyeah

Polymer

Post by Polymer »

I think you both want cork.

There was a poster on page 2, Croquet King, that wanted Screwcap and he had cork....

damonpeyo

Post by damonpeyo »

Funny saw them screwcapped, covered in paper wrapping in wooden boxes on display at DM's Kawana today $84.99 each about 5 bottles left..but plenty 2009 Bin 389 next to it $72/74.99... :roll:

Mr_Cervelo

Post by Mr_Cervelo »

Yep, I'm after cork a well.