Rockford overated?

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
markg

Post by markg »

guest (Irregular) wrote:In the US at present, FWIW, bought a 93 with me to have with friends and it was SENSATIONAL.

Mark, tried to contact you in Dublin without success, figured you must have been blind somewhere!! You would have enjoyed the Mt Mary Pinot too, my hosts certainly did :)

Me.... ?????

I havn't been blind in Dublin since the All-Blacks trounced Ireland in the late 80's
Cheers
-Mark Wickman

WICKMAN'S FINE WINE AUCTIONS
FREE membership, LOWEST auction commissions in Australia.
Now accepting wine for our next auction.
http://www.wickman.net.au

Twitter: @WickWine
YouTube: WickWineAuction

Post by Guest »

Mark Kopec

Gary

Post by Gary »

Mark
1988 disgorged, the very first release. Still have 2 bottles left thankfully.

ChrisH

Post by ChrisH »

Gary

Was it starting to lose effervescence ?

The few older ones I have had seemed to get closer to the Seppelt Reserve style with age.

regards
Chris

Gary

Post by Gary »

Chris
No, plenty of bubbles still.
Both bottles were very different; One really earthy, one stilghtly oxidised, both delicious though.
Cracked the 1944 & 1946 Seppelts Sparkling Burgundies in 2000 and both still had some gas.

Post by Guest »

For those still curious about the quality of the various Rockford wines, I notice that Friend's restaurant in Perth are hosting a Rockford dinner next Friday night (9th July). It could well be fully booked but it's worth a try if you haven't sampled the wines or met the team...