Vintec Fridge - LEDs failing

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
reschsmooth

Vintec Fridge - LEDs failing

Post by reschsmooth »

We have a 110 bottle multi-zone Vintec fridge (forget the model) that has the temp controller in the middle, with one LED display for each zone. Over the last year or so, the LEDs have been failing such that the segments that make up the digit 8 fail to show. This makes the display illegible and, therefore, largely unusable.

Has anyone experieced this or similar and does anyone know a solution? I have emailed Vintec but would hope there is a simple and cheap solution.

Phil H

Re: Vintec Fridge - LEDs failing

Post by Phil H »

I have just had a quick look at my smaller capacity, single zone Vintec and I don't think the solution is easy. At the same time I noticed light variation in my display, so hopefully my unit is not on the way out. Apart getting the unit repaired, with the expected bill a few hundred dollars, perhaps you could utilise a small battery powered digital thermometer available from your local electronic store to monitor the operation of the fridge, or one of the old fashioned thermometers that don't require batteries.

dave vino

Post by dave vino »

I have a few and one of them is the same, although it does come and go. So might be just a dry/cracked solder joint somewhere.

reschsmooth

Post by reschsmooth »

Phil H wrote:Apart getting the unit repaired, with the expected bill a few hundred dollars, perhaps you could utilise a small battery powered digital thermometer available from your local electronic store to monitor the operation of the fridge, or one of the old fashioned thermometers that don't require batteries.

Thanks for the suggestion - I will likely adopt pending a response from Vintec.