Wineries with back vintages for purchase

The place on the web to chat about wine, Australian wines, or any other wines for that matter
tarija

Wineries with back vintages for purchase

Post by tarija »

What wineries have a decent range of back vintages available for purchase?

Tahbilk is one that first comes to mind, with shiraz and cabernets from the 90s being occasionally offered.

Mount Pleasant does a little bit with the semillons.

Any other good ones? Would like to shift my purchasing towards wines that have more bottle age in them (saves me having to do the hard work!)

Scotty vino

Re: Wineries with back vintages for purchase

Post by Scotty vino »

Crabtree in Watervale recently did a museum release tasting. They were selling early to mid 00's rieslings for 25-30 at the CD.
Grabbed a few different past vintages. Most of these aren't usually available. I think you can get their 06 Watervale museum release
online for about 35-40.
Paulett wines also do back vintages of their polish hill aged riesling which are available online. Back to 03 i believe. I have had an 06 and it was very good. Their Antonina riesling is also a lovely drop.
I find asking the question at various CD's can sometimes unearth some gems. Pays to ask and show some interest I guess.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

AndrewCowley

Post by AndrewCowley »

Craiglee offer back vintages via their mailing list. You can subscribe at their web site.

dave vino

Post by dave vino »

seppeltsfield :mrgreen:

Jacobs creek steingarten and Leo buring Riesling often have museum release wines

Bannockburn
Voyager estate
Houghton

mjs

Post by mjs »

Rymill had a reasonable selection of 10-12yo cab and shiraz (mainly in magnum) a couple of months ago
veni, vidi, bibi
also on twitter @m_j_short
and instagram m_j_short

porschemad911

Post by porschemad911 »

Lambert Vineyards in Wamboin has quite a back-vintage list. Have a look at their order form to see them all.

Rudy

Post by Rudy »

I was at Bests in Western Victoria and they had some "bin ends" of 83 Hermitage and 90s Pinot, 90s Cab something.

Its these gems that add to the cellar door experience,

cuttlefish

Post by cuttlefish »

Willespie in Margaret River have a bunch of whites and reds with age on them. The whites would surprise many. Old verdelho's, Sauvignon Blancs, and SSB's. 10+ years in some cases. When they're good they're very good. Just the corks let them down on occasion, but that's not new news to anyone who cellars wine.
Smack my [insert grape type here] up !

MarKofQuality

Post by MarKofQuality »

Jim Barry in Clare had backs of the McRae Wood Shiraz when there last year in May.
Seven Hill also had back vintage lots in reds (6 packs)- bought 2 of them and they were quite exceptional.

MarKofQuality

Post by MarKofQuality »

Hunter Valley - Waverly Estate - also ONLY releases aged wines ....